WATCH: Leon Jacobs ejected for targeting on Troy QB

BuckySaunders

Reaction score
456649766-150x150.jpg

Wisconsin was doing some good work on defense, and that included the play of the linebackers. Leon Jacobs was even let loose to blitz off the edge. Except he was about one-tenth of a second too late on a sack attempt against Troy quarterback Brandon Silvers.

Instead of the sack or big hit, Jacobs got a flag for targeting and let’s just say it was a rather “interesting” call.

You be the judge…did Jacobs really target Silvers with the crown of his helmet or not?

The post WATCH: Leon Jacobs ejected for targeting on Troy QB appeared first on Madtown Badgers.

Continue reading...

I think this gets called soley because the guy's helmet flew off. That's how I crush qbs in my dreams. Could have come in a little lower, wrapped up, and driven through, but I don't agree at all. Don't know how replay didn't exonerate.

I think this gets called soley because the guy's helmet flew off. That's how I crush qbs in my dreams. Could have come in a little lower, wrapped up, and driven through, but I don't agree at all. Don't know how replay didn't exonerate.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I can see how the official could miss it in real time, but on replay it seemed pretty clear that he never hit him in the head. I really didn't understand the ejection.

Back