What did BTN personalities have to say about visit to Wisconsin Badgers fall camp?

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
PRN-BTN-LOGO-10-1-1y-2High-e1357797790440-150x150.jpg

Finally….the BTN crew arrived at Camp Randall for its annual look at fall camp. It just so happened that Monday’s visit also coincided with the final day of open practice for the media, so it came at a great time for all of us to understand what those not associated with the program are seeing.

So, let’s take a look at what the various BTN personalities on hand had to say about UW practice and the big questions facing the Badgers in 2016.

Quarterback Battle

It appears that the guys from BTN have seen what just about everyone else who has been at every practice has seen — it feels like redshirt freshman Alex Hornibrook is winning the QB battle.

QB situation tough to call at Wisconsin. If I had to pick one based on today, would be Hornibrook, as Houston has made some mistakes

— Dave Revsine (@BTNDaveRevsine) August 22, 2016

QB derby rages for @BadgerFootball. Alex Hornibrook is making a push. Paul Chryst is mum on when he will pick one pic.twitter.com/ArWLpO5cxB

— Tom Dienhart (@BTNTomDienhart) August 22, 2016

BTN Camp Tour #Badgers QB impossible to tell watching 1 practice, my guess is we won't no until game time. Does age play a role in decision?

— Gerry DiNardo (@gerrydinardo) August 22, 2016

Linebackers Strong

Few believed that linebacker would be an issue and they were right. What may be surprising is what head coach Paul Chryst had to say about the T.J. Watt…

Vince Biegel doing Vince Biegel stuff. LB crew looks strong – Orr w nice INT, and Chryst says Watt may be best LB pic.twitter.com/rYM7UOliay

T.J. Watt is part of a nice collection of @BadgerFootball LBs. pic.twitter.com/8HIV86NDP6

— Tom Dienhart (@BTNTomDienhart) August 22, 2016

And then there is Vince Biegel’s hair y’all…

As great of a linebacker as @VinceBiegel is, his hair might be even better. pic.twitter.com/d0My8exoNq

— Wisconsin On BTN (@WisconsinOnBTN) August 22, 2016

Jim Leonhard is a Hit as Secondary Coach

Simply put, Leonhard is an icon of Wisconsin Badgers football. He is arguably the most accomplished of a long line of walk-on success stories, but many wondered how he would transition to coaching college football after playing in the NFL for a decade or so.

It appears all is well there and that the guys are really responding well to his attitude and coaching.

Good talk with Barry Alvarez. Told me his grandson, S Joe Ferguson, has raved about new DB coach & Badger legend Jim Leonhard

The post What did BTN personalities have to say about visit to Wisconsin Badgers fall camp? appeared first on Madtown Badgers.

Continue reading...

Back