Where Rodgers needs to Improve

He needs to improve by learing to chug beer. LOL

Isn’t this a consequence of running 50% Rodgers offense though, where he's having 3-4WR go try to beat man coverage straight up like the old days? In other words, they’re asking inferior WR to do what Jennings/Jordy/Jones et al did. many years ago.
Lazard may or may not be as good as Jordy, but he was wide open over the middle when it mattered. Unfortunately the ball went to Davante in triple coverage lol.

That may be remedied this year.

as i said earlier, absolutely anyone could find ways to improve. but it almost seems like a bit of a stretch thinking that rodgers can improve all that much from being the nfl mvp two years running. imho, the biggest factor in the "under pressure" numbers is an offensive line that was cobbled together from 2nd and 3rd stringers for the better part of the season. we lost three very highly rated ol in linsley, bakh, and jenkins. and while their replacements did a decent job, they were not of the same caliber.

The knock on Rodgers for years has been when you knock him down he gets out of sorts. He was able to compensate for that earlier in his career when he could by time

I find it hard to engage with this stuff because Rodgers has 1-2 years tops on his career and at this point I don't think he's going to do anything differently than he has been. ML and Hackett got him to play more from the pocket 3 years ago, which was a victory in itself. I don't see him as the "I'm always learning" type though.

I think some people might be misinterpreting his reaction when he's knocked down. I think that some of the time he's mad at himself, for not making the right read, or throwing the ball earlier. We can't just assume he's always mad at the play called by the coaches, or at the blockers/receivers. Even his gestures could be taken either way in a lot of cases.

I find it hard to engage with this stuff because Rodgers has 1-2 years tops on his career and at this point I don't think he's going to do anything differently than he has been. ML and Hackett got him to play more from the pocket 3 years ago, which was a victory in itself. I don't see him as the "I'm always learning" type though.
agree at this point in career it's rodgers way or no way

The knock on Rodgers for years has been when you knock him down he gets out of sorts. He was able to compensate for that earlier in his career when he could by time
Brady is the same way. He throws INT's way more often and cannot get out of the pocket when he gets pressured. They are both older now and cannot move as well.

The difference is IMO Brady sticks with the run, throws short quick passes consistently, and also has had really good o-lines throughout his career.

AR tends to look for the big play more often which is why he holds on to the ball longer. But as TW said some of that can WR's running routes incorrectly or not getting open.

Just my opinions in what I have seen over both of their careers.

Brady is the same way. He throws INT's way more often and cannot get out of the pocket when he gets pressured. They are both older now and cannot move as well.

The difference is IMO Brady sticks with the run, throws short quick passes consistently, and also has had really good o-lines throughout his career.

AR tends to look for the big play more often which is why he holds on to the ball longer. But as TW said some of that can WR's running routes incorrectly or not getting open.

Just my opinions in what I have seen over both of their careers.
I would disagree that Brady sticks to the run. Especially his time in Tampa

Back