Why Wisconsin's NIL collective has been essentially silent since launch

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The collective supporting Badgers athletes hasn't made any news in five weeks, but that will change in the coming months, organizers say.

Continue reading...

UW has never had the rich alumni like other schools Can't give out NIL deals when you don't have the cash to fund them like other schools who have deep pocket alumni.

UW has never had the rich alumni like other schools Can't give out NIL deals when you don't have the cash to fund them like other schools who have deep pocket alumni.
And no different than 90% of P5 schools.

There was an article I read saying that the UW collective is not funding compared to others
And again where did that acticle get its information since collectives don’t report revenue. Unless I see a financial disclosure it’s all speculation

We are currently negotiating an NIL deal and let’s just say that some of the $$$ that are being reported are suspect. We are working with a 3rd party that advises collectives and one they advise is a very prominent B1G program, so yeah learning a lot about some stuff

• Take away QB’s and a few other skill position players, 95% of deals are not 6 figures
  • Kids are getting some false promises and many shady deals out there. It’s a major issue
  • Agents, and I use that word lightly are misrepresenting a lot of facts.
  • Some NIL contracts are at best suspect with some obscure language. Buyer beware
EDIT: Re “Agents”
SEC commish Greg Sankey: "There’s an absence of oversight for those described as agents — these aren’t agents as we’ve come to know them over time — or NIL businesses that approach young people and families directly with offers with no transparency."

Last edited:
And again where did that acticle get its information since collectives don’t report revenue. Unless I see a financial disclosure it’s all speculation
Lets be real though UW collectives will always be bottom end they don't have the resources

Back