Why Wisconsin's NIL collective has been essentially silent since launch

But again, don’t believe everything you read
It's facts though UW just does not have deep pockets alumni could that change some day? Perhaps never know what alumni could become a billionaire and funds UW like Phil Knight did Oregon.

From Forbes. I think this is interesting.

It's facts though UW just does not have deep pockets alumni could that change some day? Perhaps never know what alumni could become a billionaire and funds UW like Phil Knight did Oregon.
Facts from who? Is there a Phil Knight around no.

From Forbes. I think this is interesting.

I would love to peel the onion away and see how these actually impact football vs basketball. Case in point. When you make a donation to the Badger Fund you can designate where it goes, general fund, football, basketball or whatever sport you want. Also, does this number include donations to any general fund? From the article “Thus, the numbers you see may only reflect what is needed by the athletic department, not the actual value of contributions made that year.”

It’s also 10 years old so wonder what the current numbers are

I would love to peel the onion away and see how these actually impact football vs basketball. Case in point. When you make a donation to the Badger Fund you can designate where it goes, general fund, football, basketball or whatever sport you want. Also, does this number include donations to any general fund? From the article “Thus, the numbers you see may only reflect what is needed by the athletic department, not the actual value of contributions made that year.”

It’s also 10 years old so wonder what the current numbers are
It would be interesting seeing the designations of where the money goes.

I realize it's an older article, but the old adage, no matter how much things change, they remain the same, pretty much rings true in this area. It's a question of depth of pockets, and even NIL itself will follow the wealth pattern. It's all about who wears that old school tie and can afford to be honored by a rubber chicken dinner.

It would be interesting seeing the designations of where the money goes.

I realize it's an older article, but the old adage, no matter how much things change, they remain the same, pretty much rings true in this area. It's a question of depth of pockets, and even NIL itself will follow the wealth pattern. It's all about who wears that old school tie and can afford to be honored by a rubber chicken dinner.
I think it will take 2-3 years to see how NIL is funded down the road. There are already discussion about “ROI” within the collectives. Will the money keep coming in when a program goes to 7-8-9 wins? Will money shift back to facilities? How will a recession impact donations? Will these collectives pass the 501c test down the road?

Good times !!

Facts from who? Is there a Phil Knight around no.
Facts of life show me a deep pocked UW alumni. I was also saying there is nothing stopping from UW from some day getting their own Phil Knight. You never know if a UW alumni becomes a billionaire and supports the team

I think it will take 2-3 years to see how NIL is funded down the road. There are already discussion about “ROI” within the collectives. Will the money keep coming in when a program goes to 7-8-9 wins? Will money shift back to facilities? How will a recession impact donations? Will these collectives pass the 501c test down the road?

Good times !!
Have always had Alumni find ways to pay kids. No matter what will find way to get money into kids pockets.

Back