Wisconsin Football: Badgers must avoid ‘trap game’ mindset against Illinois

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Wisconsin football will look to continue its undefeated season when they travel to Illinois to take on the Fighting Illini this Saturday. This Wisconsin football team continues to roll through its schedule. Improving to 6-0 overall and 3-0 in the conference and rising to number six in the AP Poll. They have made it look […]

Wisconsin Football: Badgers must avoid ‘trap game’ mindset against Illinois - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

Badgers have a 31 point spread and O/U of 51

What would be ultra satisfying is if the Badgers could have a rock solid game on both sides of the ball, and boost their confidence in their ability to control their own destiny against OSU. They're going to need all they can get to have a shot at them following Illinois.

But, as stated, watch out for this one because it could be a trap game. It's happened to the Badgers before.

Illinois is beyond bad , Badgers cover. Just stay healthy

I remember that level of confidence last year when Minnesota was 2-6 in the Big 10, coming into Madison a huge underdog. We got beat because we were looking past the Gophers to the next game.

You never take an opponent for granted!

I remember that level of confidence last year when Minnesota was 2-6 in the Big 10, coming into Madison a huge underdog. We got beat because we were looking past the Gophers to the next game.

You never take an opponent for granted!
The next opponent was the bowl game TBD, last years team was so banged up with injuries we had 3rd team OL guys playing DL. Different team last year, no trust at QB, just bad chemistry

This is going nowhere. You have your opinion, and I disagree. Let's just leave it at that.

This speaks of the frustration those close to the Badgers see. Although I still believe OSU could be a lot better than the Badgers, I'm hopeful the results the Badgers have put up through now, is not misrepresentation of how good they are.

A week from today, the whole thing will play out on the field. I just don't want to hear anyone who thinks the Buckeyes can walk on water coming out here and offering excuses for them losing as being due to injuries, bad calls by the officials, or the fact that the Badgers helmets were too shiny, or some other excuse.

Is it the uniform?

Frustrating loss, but it was a trap. Illinois has speed out of the backfield. We couldn't stop them. It forced more run coverage, so they threw the ball.

It's just a game. Next week we play again. I've been watching Badger games in person, listening to them on the radio, and watched on TV, since 1947. I've seen a lot of losses, and I've seen a lot of great wins. I tend to forget the losses unless they were great games, and remember the memorable wins.

Back