Wisconsin reaches the top 3 in men's hockey rankings for the first time in 10 years

Truly amazing how they've been turned into a winner so quickly. I think they've found a solid coach.

This is a huge weekend against MI State. Hopefully, we get at least 1 win.

Truly amazing how they've been turned into a winner so quickly. I think they've found a solid coach.
Lest we forget that 2020-2021 season, but we were a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament that year.

It's hard to remember because the stink of losing the way we did to Minnesota in the B1G tournament title game and then getting spanked in the first round really sucks the air out of the room.

Tony was good at finding great players to come here, but it took a guy like Hastings to get them to succeed. It is truly amazing in that regard.

A lot of programs get stale when they have success. In WI just being able to do well and not be a championship contender was good enough for so long. That's why Barry and PC were able to stay forever. Now we have a AD that says just getting to a bowl game or a playoff format (BB and Hockey) are not good enough we want to be able to compete for a title. So get rid of those guys and move on to guys who will try to improve the team beyond just good enough level. That's why I think Gard is up next. The winning a B1G title and getting to the tourney will soon not been seen as OK anymore. If he keeps getting bounced early he is going to get bounced from his job soon I think.

A lot of programs get stale when they have success. In WI just being able to do well and not be a championship contender was good enough for so long. That's why Barry and PC were able to stay forever. Now we have a AD that says just getting to a bowl game or a playoff format (BB and Hockey) are not good enough we want to be able to compete for a title. So get rid of those guys and move on to guys who will try to improve the team beyond just good enough level. That's why I think Gard is up next. The winning a B1G title and getting to the tourney will soon not been seen as OK anymore. If he keeps getting bounced early he is going to get bounced from his job soon I think.
I think it's a season for Gard where it's a top 4 Big 10 finish, and at least reaching the 2nd round in the NCAA tourney, or he's out the door. The fact is, he's not winning enough, and has been too isolated in his recruiting.

That said, I am wondering what exactly Gus Yalden did that got him two citations from the cops in about a month? Despite him being on a "leave of absence" from the team, I think it's going to end up with him being gone, if the offenses were more than a simple traffic violation.

Driving under the influence, whether alcohol or drug induced would pretty well end his chances of being a Badger.

Whatever it is, a kid who has dreamed about being a Badger since he was a tyke may have thrown away that opportunity.

You can't blame Gard for that, but you can question whether they checked this kid's background out before they gave him the scholarship. He's a darned good one too. Big, and could be a force inside in a year or so. :(

I think it's a season for Gard where it's a top 4 Big 10 finish, and at least reaching the 2nd round in the NCAA tourney, or he's out the door. The fact is, he's not winning enough, and has been too isolated in his recruiting.

That said, I am wondering what exactly Gus Yalden did that got him two citations from the cops in about a month? Despite him being on a "leave of absence" from the team, I think it's going to end up with him being gone, if the offenses were more than a simple traffic violation.

Driving under the influence, whether alcohol or drug induced would pretty well end his chances of being a Badger.

Whatever it is, a kid who has dreamed about being a Badger since he was a tyke may have thrown away that opportunity.

You can't blame Gard for that, but you can question whether they checked this kid's background out before they gave him the scholarship. He's a darned good one too. Big, and could be a force inside in a year or so. :(
# 1: I don't know if it was driving related, but he was caught drinking alcohol at opening day of football season.

# 2: He recently was caught with pot.

It's Madison, and both were by UW police, to get cited for those offenses, he pretty much had to be behaving like an ass.

I think he lived away from home at those athletic High Schools for the last 2 years of High School. He might have too long a rein, needs to be reined in, and needs to grow up. Crossroads

There's info out there that the first citation was for underage drinking. The second citation was for marijuana possession in the dormitory. Not huge issues on their own so only Gus really knows what the total story is.

Not to hijack this hockey thread more than it already has been, but Yalden is back practicing with the team.

I wonder if the NCAA will hand down a suspension for Yalden's offenses?

Back