Wisconsin "to Not Pursue Waivers" for Senior Spring-Sports Student-Athletes

Will be interesting if any students sue demanding the right to a extra year.

On what grounds
Well if the NCAA said that schools could allow a studnet to have a extra year and UW won't allow it then the student might sue saying they should be given it.

Well if the NCAA said that schools could allow a studnet to have a extra year and UW won't allow it then the student might sue saying they should be given it.
LOI / GIA is between the school and the athletes

I've followed up with UW asking how many student-athletes are affected by this and if they are allowed to transfer to participate immediately for another school if they elect to do so.

I've followed up with UW asking how many student-athletes are affected by this and if they are allowed to transfer to participate immediately for another school if they elect to do so.
I wonder what the UW response would have been for football and basketball.....follow the money

The state journal's story from this morning quotes the only athlete I could think of who stands to actually lose something from not being able to return, and she's going to train professionally for Tokyo 2021 now, but she'd have done it at Wisconsin if she'd been able to come back.

Also, never thought I'd see Alvarez and Gundy, at cross-purposes even, in the same article.

Back