With Pick 179 GB Selects DE Kingsley Enagbare

I wonder if his future will depend on him bulking up, and being able to play as an anchor in the middle?

Just curious. I don't think he's a solid edge to be honest. Kind of a plodding work horse who will be good against the run, but probably less effective as a pass rusher.

I wonder if his future will depend on him bulking up, and being able to play as an anchor in the middle?

Just curious. I don't think he's a solid edge to be honest. Kind of a plodding work horse who will be good against the run, but probably less effective as a pass rusher.
If Gary or Preston need a breather on early downs, I can comfortably give reps to a guy that does nothing but set a hard edge in the run game.

I don't know that I see him as just a plodding work horse, but he's sure not a flexible, explosive kind of guy who'll just blast around the corner to the QB. Not sure I see him bulking up enough to play inside. I think what you have here is likely a career back-up/depth guy who can take some snaps to keep guys fresh and not be a complete liability out there on early downs. He's a decent, long-armed guy who can hopefully set the edge against the run and maybe generate a little pressure now and then.

There’s interesting parallels between Engabare and Zadarius Smith.

Pre-Combine there was chatter that Engabare might work his way into the bottom of the 1st round.
Then he had the poor Combine.
But even post-Combine most analysts had him pegged as a Day 2 pick.
So Gute getting him in the 5th round is very good value, imo.
If he can produce in the same zip code as Z-Smith, I’ll be dancing in the streets.

There’s interesting parallels between Engabare and Zadarius Smith.

Pre-Combine there was chatter that Engabare might work his way into the bottom of the 1st round.
Then he had the poor Combine.
But even post-Combine most analysts had him pegged as a Day 2 pick.
So Gute getting him in the 5th round is very good value, imo.
If he can produce in the same zip code as Z-Smith, I’ll be dancing in the streets.
He also is wearing smith's number also. :)

Back