2016/17 Season Are You Optimistic ?

On the optimism scale of 1-12, I'm about an 6 right now. If TT can hit the draft like last year, and Jordy shows to be his usual self, I'll go higher.

That said, the defense will still give me concerns, due to Capers. So it's hard for me to buy into that they will be as good as they were last year. Get back to me in August for more. ;)br)

We dont even know what the roster will look like yet... Hard to really say either way until we see the final 53..

Not optimistic at this point. Maybe after the draft and FA are over and we know what has been done to improve the team. Right now, there is nothing to make me feel much better about the team. They are good enough to be a winner, but not good enough to be there at the end - IMO. I guess we'll see what happens over the next 6 weeks.

It's not that I'm particularly down on the team, there is just nothing right now to get me excited for next season's prospects.

We dont even know what the roster will look like yet... Hard to really say either way until we see the final 53..

Pretty much what we have now just add about 10-12 rookies and with this draft class being weak can't see this team changing to much. The two key factors is if Nelson returns to form from injury and if Lacy can return to pre-Big Mac attack Lacy.

Last edited:
I feel optimistic. I do have concerns though.

Offense:
Health... Can we finally remain reasonably healthy in critical positions? (WR and OL) Can we return in shape and hold onto the ball?
... and TE improvement. If those things change, we're easily a Top 5 offense again.

Defense:
The Capers Defense... It seems this defense, when they MUST make a defensive stand late in the game, never comes through. That trend/mindset needs to change!
A Top 10 defense easily with ILB improvement.

I am, however, typically a "half full" type of guys. Shoot, when a wee lad in the 70's and 80's I was optimistic every year about our chances, LOL! So take my optimism with a grain of salt.

Back