2021 Off Season Thread

not even close to enough...... let's stop pretending like there will be this big offseason fix.
Aaron will chip in next and do his part for the team

Does Funchess factor into anything this season? Is he still on the team? Will he be an upgrade to the WR position if he is?

Aaron will chip in next and do his part for the team
Rodgers can't really do much with 3 years left on deal. I don't think Packers want to extend him any more. Better to go to guys like Z. Smith and Adams to work out extend deals and lower their cap hits for 2021.

Rodgers can't really do much with 3 years left on deal. I don't think Packers want to extend him any more. Better to go to guys like Z. Smith and Adams to work out extend deals and lower their cap hits for 2021.
I know zero about the cap so I appreciate all you guys who do and who can explain some of these contracts.

Does Funchess factor into anything this season? Is he still on the team? Will he be an upgrade to the WR position if he is?
Cutting him gains $1.2 million in cap space but also results in $1 million dead cap so not much savings vs dead cap so GB might keep him because of the minmual savings.

I know zero about the cap so I appreciate all you guys who do and who can explain some of these contracts.
Z Smith you add year onto his contract then convert a large portion of base salary and his $5.5 roster bonus into a SB you could save $8 million there

Adams extend him as he does not have a contract beyond 2021 give him vet min base salary for 2021 and you probably save another $8 million or so off his $14 million cap number by doing so

Rodgers you could do something with him but question is do you want to push dead money out to last year of his contract that right now has none.

Could convert say $15 million of his base salary and roster bonus into a SB that would save $10 million this year but push dead money out.

Doing these 3 things would save $25 million on cap this year alone

You can do a bit with Rodgers but really they’re kinda stuck. Kick the money back and you are looking at some really devastating cap hits.

On Spotrac I did the manage 2021 cap. I did a restructure on Rodgers and Z Smith. Cut P Smith, Lowry, Kirksey, Wagner, Jackson. That put the team at $17 million under the cap

Back