2021 Off Season Thread

GBP4 is correct Wagner is ready to call it quits so that was an easy cut. They'll need to find OT help in the off-season as well.
I am guessing Packers draft a OT 3rd-4th round and he's your starter

I am guessing Packers draft a OT 3rd-4th round and he's your starter
Finding an immediate starter in the 3rd-4th round could happen, but it’s also a huge gamble.
Is it possible a candidate already resides on the roster?

You could throw Jenkins out there at RT if you have another option at OC (I assume Linsley is gone). Runyan and Stepaniak played OT in college but I'm not sure their up to it at this level. Turner's an option later in the season after BahkT is back, but he's probably your LT for a while, so this line could be a little thin and depending on young guys to start the season.

There may be an OT who can start right away in the 3rd Rd or later, but like danno says, it's a gamble. I'd actually be OK taking one early. The Bucs showed us the way to win - OL and DL.

My thought's were drifting towards the development of Yosh Nijman. Might he be the one already "on the roster"?

Also, would they consider bringing back Veldheer?
They wouldn't need to make that call until almost when the season started. BTW, he's still listed on the roster, until the end of the league year in March.

My thought's were drifting towards the development of Yosh Nijman. Might he be the one already "on the roster"?

Also, would they consider bringing back Veldheer?
They wouldn't need to make that call until almost when the season started. BTW, he's still listed on the roster, until the end of the league year in March.
There are a couple Yosh Nijman’s available every year, athletically outstanding but can’t play.

Its nice to have a Vendheer in your back pocket but they’ve got work to do at OT, more than ever with Bakh’s uncertain timeline

There are a couple Yosh Nijman’s available every year, athletically outstanding but can’t play.

Its nice to have a Vendheer in your back pocket but they’ve got work to do at OT, more than ever with Bakh’s uncertain timeline
I’m just saying that they can’t count on just an OT draft pick to fix the issue.
It’s why I was mildly surprised with the Wagner release, because he had exceeded expectations.

I’m just saying that they can’t count on just an OT draft pick to fix the issue.
It’s why I was mildly surprised with the Wagner release, because he had exceeded expectations.
I’m with you on Wagner, though if some of the comments above are true that he wants to retire then the whole conversation is moot.

Back