2021 Off Season Thread

I get all that bro. My complaints about Rodgers are about something (that I think is) different. In ancient China they called it the "Mandate of Heaven", that god blessed your dynasty, and when you lost it, your time was over. Whatever the reasons, Rodgers doesn't seem to have the Mandate of Heaven. In the biggest moments it's just not there in between the ears for him. He stops seeing the slant. He chokes on the ball and throws it away instead of running it in for a TD. I don't know what else to say about it.

But in the meantime, if it entertains me on Sundays and they move the ball and score, like rb, I can't complain too much.
I don't disagree with you at all, and the changing the plaything isn't a big complaint at all. I do think hearing the same thing from another player is interesting is all.

I don't disagree with you at all, and the changing the plaything isn't a big complaint at all. I do think hearing the same thing from another player is interesting is all.

And that was my whole point, I guess. It's coming from a current player. I don't necessarily have a problem with it either. It seems to be working but I found it interesting that while some things have changed, some things have stayed the same.

@TomSilverstein
·
6m

In addition to adjusting S Adrian Amos' deal, the #Packers have also altered OLB Preston Smith's to lower his salary cap number, a source said. Don't have the details yet, but Brian Gutekunst is tapping sources wherever he can in order to eliminate $9.7 million in cap overage.

A breakdown of the adjusted contract for #Packers OLB Preston Smith, who now sticks in GB: — $8M salary ($200K workout bonus, $300K in 46-mans, $6.5M signing bonus, $1M base.) — $4.4M available in sack incentives, so he can eclipse the $12M he was set to earn before the redo.

Sack incentives details for Preston Smith: — $500K for 6 sacks. — $750K more for 8 sacks. — $750K more for 10 sacks. — $1.2M more for 12 sacks. — $1.2M more for 14 sacks. Total possible: $4.4M

Smith only had 4 sacks last year so all of the sack incentives will be considered not likely to be earned incentives and will not count against the cap in 2021.

His 2021 cap number for now is $8.75 million dollars while his cash out number without sack incentives is $8 million with a possible $12.4 million if he his all incentives.

Is current 2022 cap number looks to be close to $20 million dollars with dead cap of $7.5 million

Last edited:
So with Smith back for 2021. What do you know do with Gary? 2021 is his 3rd year and will be the year you need to decide if you are going to pick up his 5th year option or not. The 5th year for Gary will likely be around $9-10 million dollars. For the Packers to pick this up they need to get Gary on the field more and see what he can do.

On Friday, the Packers reportedly restructured the contract of safety Adrian Amos, picking up $750,000 in cap space for the season. According to Bill Huber of SI.com, the team converted Amos’ $1.5 million roster bonus (which was due to be paid out on March 20th) into a signing bonus.

So between Amos and Smith they Packers picked up $8 million in cap space so the team is still about $1-2 million over the cap.

I like the incentives for sacks. If he hits the target of 10 or more sacks it will be a win/win for both parties

Back