2021 Off Season Thread

He had the talent at UM. Was it a bit of a reach maybe but not apocalyptic. His red flag was effort but he was not the first and won’t be the last with that tag. The biggest issue was making him an OLB. If he starts out hand in ground who knows.
Question now is how he fits into a new defense on a year Packers have to decide to put 5th year on him.

I forgot about Jenkins but do you really build around a OL? He's a key player but not a guy you design offense around.
Don’t minimize Jenkins.

Did Bak make Pro-Bowl his 2nd year?
Jenkins is absolutely the kind of player to anchor your OL.
He has the talent to play at Pro-Bowl level at multiple positions.
Can Bak do that?

No matter what, you find a contract that keeps Jenkins in-house until he's at least 34. I said this should be done a year and a half ago. The guy is damned good, and is pure plug and play.

No matter what, you find a contract that keeps Jenkins in-house until he's at least 34. I said this should be done a year and a half ago. The guy is damned good, and is pure plug and play.
After this year you will be able to offer Jenkins a new deal as you can't extend a rookie until after year 3.

Don’t minimize Jenkins.

Did Bak make Pro-Bowl his 2nd year?
Jenkins is absolutely the kind of player to anchor your OL.
He has the talent to play at Pro-Bowl level at multiple positions.
Can Bak do that?
Bingo.....Jenkins, right now, is one helluva pick by Gute. This kid can do it all and do it all very well.

What people are missing is that with Love at QB, and ML's emphasis being on the run, you can work with less than super star receivers. You need to bolster your defense, and have a strong offensive line, along with TEs who can make plays. A guy like Adams could draw at least two decent picks, including a 1st, maybe a 2nd 1st in the 2nd year. Not certain.

There's no need to throw out the moving parts that work. I think we need to see the handwriting on the wall. This is not going to be the passing team it has been, with Rodgers.

Just a thought. Nothing more.

What people are missing is that with Love at QB, and ML's emphasis being on the run, you can work with less than super star receivers. You need to bolster your defense, and have a strong offensive line, along with TEs who can make plays. A guy like Adams could draw at least two decent picks, including a 1st, maybe a 2nd 1st in the 2nd year. Not certain.

There's no need to throw out the moving parts that work. I think we need to see the handwriting on the wall. This is not going to be the passing team it has been, with Rodgers.

Just a thought. Nothing more.
Possible. But at the same time you have to create balance and keep the secondary from stacking the box. So at a minimum you need 2 or 3 guys who can produce. It’s still built on play action

A caretaker QB is all they need. You need consistent receivers, not super stars. Three good ones are better than one super star in this offense.

Back