2022 Badger Football Thread

Ralegh Durham and Charlotte? WTH are smoking on that beach? Charlotte is number 22 and Raleigh-Durham (Fayetvlle) is 24? Oh and Pitt is market number 26....

They take Duke or UNC over state and it’s barely debatable. PSU gives them Pittsburgh

They take Duke or UNC over state and it’s barely debatable. PSU gives them Pittsburgh
UNC is dry as sin NOT a Big Ten school in any way shape or form. ..... Duke isn't doing it regardless. Both those choices won't fly. And as you said it's hardly debatable.

UNC is dry as sin NOT a Big Ten school in any way shape or form. ..... Duke isn't doing it regardless. Both those choices won't fly. And as you said it's hardly debatable.
From a brand and AAU standpoint it makes sense and i can give you $40m reasons why they would jump. 1 ACC school is not going alone. Ga Tech is a better option

From a brand and AAU standpoint it makes sense and i can give you $40m reasons why they would jump. 1 ACC school is not going alone. Ga Tech is a better option
Now come on ... I live here. Tech and the Big Ten make about as much sense as Trump and Obama becoming best friends. And if Tech did that they would get their ass stomped in almost every sport for years.

At least give me some credit for knowing the local situation, and no the ATL market doesn't make sense because they will be watching UGA in mass on the other channel or HS FB. Tech is an afterthought...at best.

Reactions: TW
Now come on ... I live here. Tech and the Big Ten make about as much sense as Trump and Obama becoming best friends. And if Tech did that they would get their ass stomped in almost every sport for years.

At least give me some credit for knowing the local situation, and no the ATL market doesn't make sense because they will be watching UGA in mass on the other channel or HS FB. Tech is an afterthought...at best.
The Atlanta TV market brings $$$. I get the UGa thing but Delaney wanted the Atlanta market during the Maryland expansion. It’s not about records or who fits athletic wise anymore. I get your point but Tech puts BTN on basic tier and more retransmission fees.

I personally think it’s Colorado , ND , Va Tech and Virginia

The gorilla in the room is the SEC. FLA State and Miami make too much sense there. That domino falls watch out

In May 2021 Barry Alvarez announced he will work with the Big Ten Conference office as a liaison between the league's administration and its football coaches, note the word administration. The Emperor was close to Delaney who orchestrated the BTN, expansion with Maryland and Rutgers, Delaney understood how the landscape was changing. Delaney and Mike Slive were visionary. The UCLA / USC move had Delaney footprints all over it. Don’t be a shocked someday if we find out The Emperors footprints are all over this one.

I don't think the Big 10 is going to abandon the West coast. I see them studying the possibility of one of the Oregon Schools, and one in Washington as well. Then there's Cal, and Stanford, both of which might be viable options too.

#1 on the list for expansion? I think Notre Dame is going to end up in the Big 10. That leaves a minimum of 3 to 7 spots for expansion.

Could end up as 2 each 10 team divisions, East and West, or four team divisions with 5 each, when it's done.

I believe they're going to want to wrap up the entire Western US, to keep the SEC isolated to the SE.

Funny thing is, it's also possible the Big 10 will show interest in teams like Baylor, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Arizona, Texas A&M, and a lot of teams just on the fringe of SEC country.

In the end? I see the Big 10 becoming a "super conference," with probably 4 divisions of 8 teams each as soon as 20 years down the road. They are not going to allow the SEC to win this one.

Back