2022 Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it accomplish by venting to the media about your 4th round pick who is already performing above reasonable expectations?
Don’t know the entire context but if he was asked the question and not answered it he would have took crap also.

I don’t get why this answer is so wrong :

“The young guys, especially the young receivers,” Rodgers said, “we’ve got to be way more consistent. A lot of drops, a lot of bad route decisions, running the wrong route. So we’ve got to get better in that area."

“The young guys, especially the young receivers,” Rodgers said, “we’ve got to be way more consistent. A lot of drops, a lot of bad route decisions, running the wrong route. So we’ve got to get better in that area."
He's the vet QB he barley attend OTA. These guys can't get better without their QB working with them.

He's the vet QB he barley attend OTA. These guys can't get better without their QB working with them.
Drops and bad route decisions are not on the QB. Sorry. Routes are learning the system and terminology. It won’t happen over night. And hold on the damn ball weather it’s 12,10 or Joel Stave throwing it to you

I don’t have an issue with him pointing out mistakes made by rookies, but maybe frame the response better and admit that everyone has made mistakes in the offensive group (including himself), along with it being a work in progress and they are being diligent at fixing it.

What I am concerned about was Amari Rodgers running the wrong route on the 3rd INT, and running the wrong route very poorly.
I’d expect more from a 2nd year guy.

You know……. He took so much heat from the press early on in his career, would it surprise if he’s being critical to keep the rookies humble? Does he still have that chip on his shoulder?
Wouldn’t surprise me!

I don’t have an issue with him pointing out mistakes made by rookies, but maybe frame the response better and admit that everyone has made mistakes in the offensive group (including himself), along with it being a work in progress and they are being diligent at fixing it.

What I am concerned about was Amari Rodgers running the wrong route on the 3rd INT, and running the wrong route very poorly.
I’d expect more from a 2nd year guy.

You know……. He took so much heat from the press early on in his career, would it surprise if he’s being critical to keep the rookies humble? Does he still have that chip on his shoulder?
Wouldn’t surprise me!
I also think some folks just look for ways to blame 12. Hey I have issues with him and it’s not just 1 or 2 things either.

Make it simple just blame Chryst or Gard

I also think some folks just look for ways to blame 12. Hey I have issues with him and it’s not just 1 or 2 things either.

Make it simple just blame Chryst or Gard
#FireGard

If he wants to be a leader, if he says that he also needs to put some sort of positive spin on it. like for his last sentence, he could have said "So we've got to CONTINUE to get better in that area."

If he wants to be a leader, if he says that he also needs to put some sort of positive spin on it. like for his last sentence, he could have said "So we've got to CONTINUE to get better in that area."
Sad thing is he's NEVER been a leader. Last true leader on offense we had was Driver.

Rodgers has always seemed to be the guy to sit back and go with the ride but bitch if it does not go where he likes it to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back