2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

It was the 2nd of a back-to-back for the Celtics. They were bone tired, considering the previous game was a hard one.

But, nevertheless, the Bucks showed their offensive chops, but once again, despite scoring, they forgot how to play defense. The worst part is that I didn't see anyone coming off the bench bothering to put on a show. It's gotten to the point that Lopez seems stressed about it, because he's made a living being a shot changer/blocker at the net, and now he's getting pulled out of position, and getting no help.

It's still on Griffin, and apparently even the voices around the league are saying that the longer it takes to replace Griffin, the worse it will be for the Bucks this year, and down the road. If Horst is the problem, refusing to dump him, he has to go too. It's simple. We're watching a potential dynasty team destroying itself from within.

I see that people around the league are pushing for Rivers or Stotts to take over. They figure they are two of the better options out there. I prefer Stotts. I think he'd be able to blend our big 3 together real well, and put them in a defensive posture as well. He'd work to insure Lopez could work his magic. It better happen soon, or it's all history.

The worst part is that I didn't see anyone coming off the bench bothering to put on a show.
hmmmm . . . portis played 22 minutes coming off the bench and had 28 points and 11 defensive rebounds (+1 offensive rebound) and a steal. since he was the bucks leading scorer ( was 5-6 from 3 point range) and leading defensive rebounder in limted action, i'd say he put on a show.

How to we get a 43 point lead last Thursday (at it's height) against the Celtics before they pulled their starters, considering how we have been playing lately (particularly defense) ??? They pulled their starters around then, and we ended up winning by 33 (we also pulled our starters a little while after they pulled theirs). The only thing I considered was that some pissed off group of fans held the player's families hostage, and threatened to kill them if they lost. Any thoughts ?
Excuss ws Boston was coming off a OT game the night before.

hmmmm . . . portis played 22 minutes coming off the bench and had 28 points and 11 defensive rebounds (+1 offensive rebound) and a steal. since he was the bucks leading scorer ( was 5-6 from 3 point range) and leading defensive rebounder in limted action, i'd say he put on a show.
Portis did a great job. What I'm referring to is the over all defense they are playing. Portis and Lopez are doing all they can to keep their end up but the coaching staff has to work on positioning everyone to give them help. It's gotten to the point that if Portis and/or Lopez go all out on defense, they're going to foul out before the end of the second quarter.

Excuss ws Boston was coming off a OT game the night before.
I hope the fans hostility is directed where it should be, and not at the players. Chuck said it best. They are playing defense the way Griffin wants it played and it isn't working and never will.

He's one of the people leading the charge for the Bucks to replace Griffin. He tried to be diplomatic for quite some time, but now the gloves are off.

• Bucks' Jae Crowder: Will begin ramping up​

Rotowire JAN 9, 202
  • Crowder (groin) has been assigned to Milwaukee's G League affiliate and will participate in 5-on-5 sessions with the Herd this week, Eric Nehm of The Athletic reports.
    Crowder underwent surgery and was given a two-month recovery timeline after suffering a left adductor and abdominal tear Nov. 11th against Orlando. The 33-year-old is healing on time, although his official return will be dictated by how his body responds to the upcoming practice reps. Crowder eventually returning to action will be a boost to a Milwaukee team scarce on wing defense.

I think I read that he was only down there for one day, and called back? Maybe they decided to rehab him at home.

Yeah, the different reports are a bit conflicting. I also read that he is only doing individual work so far, but that is expected to change soon. ??

I hope the fans hostility is directed where it should be, and not at the players. Chuck said it best. They are playing defense the way Griffin wants it played and it isn't working and never will.

He's one of the people leading the charge for the Bucks to replace Griffin. He tried to be diplomatic for quite some time, but now the gloves are off.
Stephen A Smith said the other day if the Bucks defense does not improve Griffin could be a one and done HC.

Back