2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

Talk about throwing a game away. I can't believe how the Bucks couldn't use the shot clock to ice the game against the Warriors. They just plain blew it. Nothing good to say about it. Once again, the defense was a no-show.

The comments that they need another "defender" on the wing is pure bull. One player won't change it. They need to address the issue first from a coaching standpoint. But they won't.

bucks beat the celtics 135-102 on thursday, beat the warriors 129-118 on saturday and beat the kings 143-142 on sunday. what game are you talking about?
I missed the last part of the OT. Power outage. I just saw a headline on the internet that showed them losing by one. Oops!

Still, the fact is, they were playing so poorly that they could have blown it. Giving up over 140 points is not good defense.

Also, it should never have gone into OT. Horrible decision making down the stretch.

Last edited:
Whether or not we should have been in OT to begin with, Dame time made all the stress worth it!! :)

i remember when the bucks beat the celtics a few days ago, the excuse was that the celtics had just played a game the day before and were so tired. well, the bucks had just played a game the day before this one. can't we use the same excuse?

i remember when the bucks beat the celtics a few days ago, the excuse was that the celtics had just played a game the day before and were so tired. well, the bucks had just played a game the day before this one. can't we use the same excuse?
Yes. That is a legitimate excuse. The only problem I have was with the time management over the last 3 minutes of regulation time. When you have the ball, a 7-point lead, and you end up watching them tie it up and drive it into overtime, you're not playing smart basketball. They weren't working the clock properly. If you end up with a bunny shot, but still a lot of clock left, you take the shot and the points. You don't wait until you have to put it in Dame's hands to take a highly contested low percentage option. Nobody was breaking to the basket for him, as outlets.

Then, on defense, you don't let them clear the center line uncontested, unless you intend insuring they can only get low percentage outside shots, and are positioning to guarantee they don't get second opportunities. They didn't do that. They just melted into their zone positions, and let the Warriors dictate what they were going to do.

Another total defensive melt-down against the Cavs. It was an embarrassment watching it. By the end of the first half. I refuse to admit this team lacks any ability whatsoever, and has suddenly lost the ability to understand what the word defense means.

We had roughly 20 less rebounds and didn't seem to know what the word "box out" meant, because nobody was in position to be able to do it, and they whipped us 33-8 on fast break points. It pretty much tells you that the Bucks may have looked like they were hustling to the naked eye, but were either slow and lethargic, or not in a position due to play calling to defend against the fast break.

I have my opinion about what needs to be done, but it isn't too popular, so I'll keep it to myself. I'll just watch, and shake my head, while another year of talent is wasted in Milwaukee.

Back