2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

Oh, man. Some of the talking heads are yammering on about Doc Rivers. Please, just........NO.

Is there a chance of that?

The problem with Rivers is that a lot of players become disenchanted with his demeanor, and end up wanting out of town within 2 years. With Stotts, you'd find the patience and ability to move the ball forward by getting the players to buy into what he wants to see from them.

I'd personally take Stotts over Rivers, but the way the Bucks seem to do things, that's probably not going to happen. They might hold a grudge against Terry for leaving earlier this year. In fact, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Horst isn't using that as an excuse as to why Griffin failed, saying privately that he destroyed the chemistry before he left. It would be disingenuous, but not unexpected.

I wonder how Giannis feels now about sticking his nose into the decision making when it comes to the coach?

I have distinct memories of Embiid giving Rivers the 'talk to the hand' motion several times. Also, the behavior of Rivers and his weird outbursts just gives me pause, personally. I'm hoping we're not going to have to deal with his particular brand of crazy.

Did anyone see Giannis on the sideline last night drawing up his own plays on a piece of paper? That struck me as so odd at the time. Makes sense now. lol!

On a further note. It was Hammond who traded for Middleton, and drafted Giannis, not Horst, who likes to pretend he was behind it. Horst inherited a program that was ready move to becoming a top contender.

Take a look at his draft record as GM, and his trades. You'll see that he's done nothing but put the Bucks in a deeper hole when it comes to picks, and eventually they all get shipped out so it doesn't look like he failed in the draft.

Horst is the reason that I usually fear promotions from within an organization. When the #2 "thinks" they were brighter than the #1, and sets out to prove it through dumb decisions, you have problems. Horst has created them.

Look at our two picks this year. Jackson Jr., and Livingston. No matter how hard Griffin tried to develop him, he's still the same young player who needs time, and I think Horst was under the impression he was going to end up being on the floor as a budding super star already.

Anyhow, just my opinions.

On radio talk is Rivers is the favorite to get job.

I listened to the pregame show on TNT to see if they offered any additional late information.

They went to the court reporter (whose name escapes me at the moment). He had talked to Griffin for about 10 minutes or so, he said, and just offered bh) about that. Then he said the other two names he had heard from Bucks' people who would talk a bit, besides Rivers, were Jeff Van Gundy (what??) and Nate McMillan. I was not expecting to hear that.

The last to speak was Shaq, and he started and ended his talk with the same phrase. "Something else is going on"

Anyway, all that is probably worth nothing more than any of the other scuttlebutt we've been hearing, but I thought it was interesting.

Oh, and the panel also said that Rivers was brought in during the in-season tournament to counsel Griffin. So, I ask, why would they hire someone they brought in to help with something that didn't go well. ?? Strange.

Last edited:
I listened to the pregame show on TNT to see if they offered any additional late information.
The last to speak was Shaq, and he started and ended his talk with the same phrase. "Something else is going on"

Anyway, all that is probably worth nothing more than any of the other scuttlebutt we've been hearing, but I thought it was interesting.

Oh, and the panal also said that Rivers was brought in during the in-season tournament to counsel Griffin. So, I ask, why would they hire someone they brought in to help with something that didn't go well. ?? Strange.
Interesting information. Thanks for posting it. I have no idea who will get the job, but I hope it isn't Rivers, Van Gundy, or McMillan. I don't like any of them as head coaches. I would be beating my head against the wall if they handed it to Vin Baker in a promotion. I like Vin as an assistant but he certainly is not head coach material.

The comments being made by some experts believe the Bucks problem is offense. The offense is struggling at times because they have to try to score too much to overcome the lack of defense. Like it or not, Lillard has to step up and do his part. The whole idea that he just plays the whole first quarter, and isn't winded because he only plays offense is pure BS. He has to play defense, like it or not. He's supposed to be our point guard, and should stop their point guard from being a facilitator. The rest of the team is running around, four of them, trying to defend against an extra player and it's exhausting them. Their game on both ends of the floor suffers because of it.

There's more but that's where they start.

So Doc Rivers the new HC. Sure hope he can turn this team around. He's been to lot of teams with championship hopes and leave the team when players no longer want to play for him.

Back