2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

I don't think this was a Horst this screams inept ownership aka Jimmy Haslem
I think Wes Edens is the major shareholder. I think Peter Feigin and Horst made the decision, with ownership approval. But, it may have been Edens who told them to make the evaluation.

I think they've set it up so if this fails, Horst takes the fall. Feigin is pretty much silent when it comes the actual team operations. He's the business end of things.

EDIT: I might add, Feigin is a really amazing business manager sort for the team. He's made them an extremely valuable property with his business acumen over the last 10 years. Rest assured, he won't be held accountable for a failure below him. He's too valuable an asset to Edens and the rest of the owners.

Last edited:
I think if Milwaukee does not win thru next season the plug is pulled and the team gets blown up.

I think if Milwaukee does not win thru next season the plug is pulled and the team gets blown up.
Actually, I think that at the end of this year, with no championship, they start moving assets that can give them draft picks. We're pretty much without any at this time.

Listening to him during pre-game was like listening to someone who really hasn't dealt with the reality of why things needed to be done. His assessment of Griffin seemed to be on his observations at practices, and not related to what has been happening in games. Even his comment about the urgency to win was kinda dumb, considering the Bucks are winning a lot of games, but what isn't happening is they aren't playing smart defense.

Even the game last night, with Joe Prunty guiding the team, looked a little better from a defensive perspective. Joe didn't make a lot of changes, but he did push them in time outs, and every chance he had, to work on their defensive efforts. Even Lillard seemed to follow that at times.

Fortunately, Cleveland's outside shot was off. They hit in the low 30% range. Inside? They shot around 60%. That's scary. We could not keep them from getting to the bucket on a regular basis, and they were deadly. Despite their shot blocking skills, both Giannis and Brook Lopez were on an island half the time, with Cavs players blocking them out, and giving Cav shooters a run at the bucket. Nowhere to be seen was a back side defense, that would help to keep them at check.

That might be somewhat acceptable if the Cavs weren't getting so many open looks from 3. Fortunately, for the Bucks, they were cold out there. Mitchell was 2-11, and only a couple of his tries were actually contested.

The Bucks need serious work when it comes to playing off of picks on defense. They get sucked in constantly. Not a good look.

So it's possible Doc Rivers could get to coach in the all-star game. Rules state that the top team in each conference the HC will be the HC of the all-star game. But if the coach was the coach in the prior years all-star came he can't coach back to back years. Right now Boston is in 1st in the East but he coached last years all-star game so he can't coach this year. Milwaukee is 1 game ahead of Philly for 2nd place. So if Milwaukee holds onto 2nd place going into the all-star game Doc Rivers will coach the East team in the all-star game.

So it's possible Doc Rivers could get to coach in the all-star game. Rules state that the top team in each conference the HC will be the HC of the all-star game. But if the coach was the coach in the prior years all-star came he can't coach back to back years. Right now Boston is in 1st in the East but he coached last years all-star game so he can't coach this year. Milwaukee is 1 game ahead of Philly for 2nd place. So if Milwaukee holds onto 2nd place going into the all-star game Doc Rivers will coach the East team in the all-star game.
That's too confusing for me. I'm getting old! LOL

Guess Rivers got a deal that goes thru 26-27 season

Back