2023 Badger Football Thread

Smith is the better prospect but Penn State seems to have him wrapped up, my $ is on Dupree to WI.

I follow some Badger sports podcasts and there's been speculation recently that Smith has cooled on UW for whatever reason and isn't likely to be a Badger. Penn St. comes up as a favorite. Dupree is certainly a very solid plan B.

So I take it Johnson will be a guy used as a slot WR maybe some backfield plays they can run with him and possible punt return duties?

Wisconsin running back Julius Davis enters transfer portal​

Badgers RB room pretty thin

Braelon Allen Jr

Chez Mellusi Grad Student

Jackson Acker Redshirt Sophomore

Grover Bortolotti Redshirt Sophomore

Zach Gloudeman Redshirt Sophomore

so you got really only 2 guys who can play and probably 3 guys who are ST players.

There are a couple of other RB options.

Cade Yacamelli, a high end athlete coming out of high school, has been moved from safety to running back this spring. Not much of a known quantity in college but was a solid RB in high school.

They also have a new recruit coming in fall, Nate White, who can maybe give them some help though you hate to count on true freshman too much.

Plus, with some more guys entering the portal, maybe Fickell can still find a transfer.

There are a couple of other RB options.

Cade Yacamelli, a high end athlete coming out of high school, has been moved from safety to running back this spring. Not much of a known quantity in college but was a solid RB in high school.

They also have a new recruit coming in fall, Nate White, who can maybe give them some help though you hate to count on true freshman too much.

Plus, with some more guys entering the portal, maybe Fickell can still find a transfer.
Move one of the 5 kickers on the Badgers roster to RB LOL. But really why in the world do you need 5 kickers on a college roster.

Move one of the 5 kickers on the Badgers roster to RB LOL. But really why in the world do you need 5 kickers on a college roster.
Walk on players for the most part. They don't cost them scholarships. It will be cut back next fall.

I'm not going to worry about the RB situation. It's going to take care of itself. There's no way Fickell would allow them to go into the season without a good contingency of players who can run the football.

I have a feeling we'll be fine.

We're going to be losing a lot to the transfer portal. We have a lot of 'stars' vying for positions. Not all will get time. Some will go elsewhere. We're going to have to accept that.

Regarding running backs, supposedly, we're no longer 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Our running back needs are changing. I'm going to trust this staff

Reactions: TW
Back