2023 Badger Football Thread

Way too early. I believe he will be knocking doors down, but don't know how he's ranked over Penn State, Mich State, IA, MN, and IL.

Way too early. I believe he will be knocking doors down, but don't know how he's ranked over Penn State, Mich State, IA, MN, and IL.
IL has to prove more then one year wonder. Mr Row the boat very overrated more talk then coaching. IA Frentz has been there like 100 years but never done much. MSU bad hire he's not a top coach.

IL has Bilemna who, yes must prove more than a 1 year wonder, but has a pretty good history in the Big 10.

Row the Boat has the Axe.

IA, Ferentz, hasn't done much, but I believe has won the Big 10 and at least been in the Championship.

MSU guy made noise in Big 10.

I think Coach Fickell will go past all or at least most of those guys this year, but in my manner of thinking, they're ranked ahead of him this year.

What's also interesting is that 4 of the top 10 are Big 10 coaches. That said, Guess where the others are? I'd bet the SEC dominates.

Wisconsin football added a significant piece to its 2024 recruiting class on Friday with the commitment of Darrion Dupree, a four-star running back from Chicago. Here’s what you need to know:

• Dupree is ranked No. 366 nationally and the No. 32 running back in the Class of 2024 in the 247Sports Composite.
  • He earned 29 scholarship offers, including nine from Big Ten schools. Dupree chose the Badgers after taking official visits to Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri.
  • Dupree is the 17th committment in Wisconsin’s 2024 recruiting class, including the 10th since official visits began in June.

What does this mean for Wisconsin?​

Wisconsin’s staffers made it clear to Dupree that he was the top running back on their recruiting board for 2024, and now the Badgers have landed him. That gives Wisconsin a premier player at one of the most important positions on offense. Dupree earned a scholarship offer from Wisconsin’s coaches when they were previously at Cincinnati, and the staff continued to recruit him hard after transitioning to Madison.

Wisconsin’s new staff offered Dupree in December, and he visited campus three times to meet the coaches — in January for junior day, in April for a spring practice and in June on the first weekend of official visits. Dupree said the official visit helped to seal his decision.

“I didn’t want to go somewhere where I didn’t feel comfortable,” he said. “I just felt like that was what was best for me, going somewhere and connecting with the players. And then the new offense that came into Wisconsin, I feel like everything is going to be better. It will be spread. It’s not going to be a nine-man box anymore. That was one of the main reasons.

Dupree said the biggest contender to Wisconsin when June began was Michigan. He originally was scheduled to take an official visit to Michigan but ultimately canceled the trip. The Wolverines received a commitment from their second running back in the class on the third weekend in June when Dupree was slated to visit.

How Dupree fits with the Badgers​

Dupree, who is 5 feet 11 and 190 pounds, provides Wisconsin with a potential marquee running back of the future with the Badgers set to lose Chez Mellusi after the season and Braelon Allen expected to enter the NFL Draft. Although Dupree missed five games last season with an ankle injury, he demonstrated explosiveness as a runner and pass catcher when healthy, with spectacular speed, power and cutback ability.

He tallied 139 rushing yards and 63 receiving yards with two touchdowns in a Week 4 victory against Marist. That included a 55-yard touchdown run in which he shed one tackler at the line of scrimmage and then immediately spun past another and juked a third defender before outrunning the entire team to the end zone. His Mount Carmel team went 14-0 last season
“I really think I can do anything and everything,” Dupree said. “I think that’s a reason why I’m one of the best running backs now at what I do. I am going to be the best because I can really fit in any offense. That’s what I believe. The offense that Wisconsin does is kind of similar to what we do now.”

How this impacts Wisconsin’s 2024 class​

Dupree becomes the second committed running back in Wisconsin’s class, joining three-star Gideon Ituka from Maryland. Wisconsin also could still be in play for four-star running back Dilin Jones, also a Maryland native, who took an official visit to Wisconsin and also is considering Maryland and Florida State. Dupree said he wasn’t concerned about being a part of a class that includes more than one running back.

“We’re all competing for a spot,” Dupree said. “I would love to have like a crazy duo, like I learn off him and he learns off me. I would feel like that would be a great opportunity to learn off another running back.”

Wisconsin’s 2024 recruiting class is steadily turning into one of the program’s best during the online rankings era. Dupree is the sixth committed four-star prospect in the class and the third to publicly pledge to Wisconsin in the past week.

Back