2023 Training Camp Update: July 27th

BS.

The Pack was in the NFC Championship. No they didn't win. No Rodgers didn't play the best. But, others played worse.

Instead of looking for a couple of immediate pieces, the Pack chose to draft for the future. With tons of other immediate needs, the Pack drafted a QB in the first and traded up to get him - a player not on the hot seat - for honstly 2 possible players.

BS. He has to perform. it's not because of Rodgers, it's because the Pack had a MVP fist ballot hall of fame QB and instead of getting pieces that would have helped the Pack chose to get the MVP first ballot hall of fame QB's replacement.

The Pack's front office doesn't get a pass. And, because of that Love doesn't get a pass. Life sucks. The stakes are too high to be kind.

BS.

The Pack was in the NFC Championship. No they didn't win. No Rodgers didn't play the best. But, others played worse.

Instead of looking for a couple of immediate pieces, the Pack chose to draft for the future. With tons of other immediate needs, the Pack drafted a QB in the first and traded up to get him - a player not on the hot seat - for honstly 2 possible players.

BS. He has to perform. it's not because of Rodgers, it's because the Pack had a MVP fist ballot hall of fame QB and instead of getting pieces that would have helped the Pack chose to get the MVP first ballot hall of fame QB's replacement.

The Pack's front office doesn't get a pass. And, because of that Love doesn't get a pass. Life sucks. The stakes are too high to be kind.
No, your constant whining about the situation is BS, it is what it is. Get over Rodgers already, he's gone. Get over woulda, coulda, shoulda, and enjoy the season.

So far the early story of camp seems to be that Zach Tom is beating out Yosh Nijman for the right tackle job. Nijman's been subbing in for Bakhtieri on the left side.

Hmmmm. Could it be the Packers are going to hang on to Bakh for training camp, then ship him off to, say, the New York Jets, and make Nijman the left tackle??

Glad to see Tariq Carpenter is back at practice, too. He's going to be a better inside linebacker than he was a safety.

Also, I see the Packers are giving Van Mess the Iowa treatment - first Hollins starts ahead of him, then the next day it's Engabare starting ahead of him.

So far the early story of camp seems to be that Zach Tom is beating out Yosh Nijman for the right tackle job. Nijman's been subbing in for Bakhtieri on the left side.

Hmmmm. Could it be the Packers are going to hang on to Bakh for training camp, then ship him off to, say, the New York Jets, and make Nijman the left tackle??

Glad to see Tariq Carpenter is back at practice, too. He's going to be a better inside linebacker than he was a safety.

Also, I see the Packers are giving Van Mess the Iowa treatment - first Hollins starts ahead of him, then the next day it's Engabare starting ahead of him.
I don't think it's a consideration until they approach the trade deadline or in the offseason. If they trade him next year the new team pays Bahk a bargain & GB gets some cap relief.
Personally I'd keep him at least for this year. Having a solid OL and running game will make a new QB's job easier.

The OL also gets hit by injuries every year, so I wouldn't trade Njiman either.
If he gets a fat contract offer from someone else next year GB gets a nice comp pick. Main thing is to keep developing Tom and find the next long term OT to bookend with him.
Bakhtiari played a lot better in the latter half of last season, but his medicals make me wonder how much longer he can play.

I don't think it's a consideration until they approach the trade deadline or in the offseason. If they trade him next year the new team pays Bahk a bargain & GB gets some cap relief.
Personally I'd keep him at least for this year. Having a solid OL and running game will make a new QB's job easier.

The OL also gets hit by injuries every year, so I wouldn't trade Njiman either.
If he gets a fat contract offer from someone else next year GB gets a nice comp pick. Main thing is to keep developing Tom and find the next long term OT to bookend with him.
Bakhtiari played a lot better in the latter half of last season, but his medicals make me wonder how much longer he can play.
I can't see anyone trading for Bak. He's wrong side of 30, bad knee, huge contract. They will wait for GB to cut him and sign him much cheaper to low risk 1-2 year deal.

Back