2024 Badger Football Thread

Torin Pettaway, a 2025 DL commit from Middleton, WI has decommitted from the Badgers and switched his commitment to PJ Fleck and the Golden Goophers.

He was a fair recruit, but can be replaced through the portal or with a new offer. I think he felt the competition at the spot would be too much for him. I wish him well.

Bucky is also losing Class of 2025 athlete Cody Haddad

I think this is just part of the new college football world

Bucky is also losing Class of 2025 athlete Cody Haddad

I think this is just part of the new college football world
With new transfr rule of being able to not have to sit out players are one 1 year deals trying to find the better NIL each year for some.

No doubt about it. These kids are going to play the system for all they can. Since it's legit, and schools aren't inclined to step up to say they aren't taking them, it's going to be a way of life. Haddad is a little more of a loss, because he has the capability of playing several positions. I get the idea someone is guaranteeing him a shot at playing the spot he wants, not necessarily where he can do a team like Wisconsin the most good.

Haddad being gone is not such a surprise. I think he recently got a tOSU offer so no surprise he'd decide to eventually go with the in-state team. Pettaway bugs me a little more because it's part of an on-going pattern of losing too many in-state kids.

Yea, Pettaway went to Gophers.

I get it when they go to  better programs.

Yea, Pettaway went to Gophers.

I get it when they go to  better programs.
Pettaway must have believed he wasn't going to be playing much in Madison, and figured that with the Gophers he'd have a better chance at making it to the field.

Back