2024 Draft Thread

Ennis Rakestraw, 183. Maaaaaybe. Maybe. But he'd be one of the lighter corners drafted by GB in the last 10 years or so. Hayward was 185. Jean-Charles 184.

The more the college game changes the tougher it is for pro teams with this stuff. They have this thresholds for a reason. Everyone is big and fast at the pro level and at a certain point physics just takes over - you need a certain amount of mass to keep up.

In reference to Wiggins. Yes, he could add 20 to 30#, but because it would be a high percentage of weight, not the same as a guy who weighs 270# putting on 20#, it's different.

A 20# increase for Wiggins would be about a 11% increase. He'd be stronger, yes, but his speed and other abilities would be cut back some because he's lithe now, and would be bulky after adding weight.

Not all weight gains are for the best. I think I'd pass on him because of it.

In reference to Wiggins. Yes, he could add 20 to 30#, but because it would be a high percentage of weight, not the same as a guy who weighs 270# putting on 20#, it's different.

A 20# increase for Wiggins would be about a 11% increase. He'd be stronger, yes, but his speed and other abilities would be cut back some because he's lithe now, and would be bulky after adding weight.

Not all weight gains are for the best. I think I'd pass on him because of it.
Plus bulking that much is an injury waiting to happen.

Rakestraw ran a 4.54 at that weight. Wiggins with a 4.29.

Weird bunch of corners. Looking like a Day 2 group to target for GB rather than Day 1. Might be better off looking for Max Melton end of the 2nd over Rakestraw or Wiggins in the first.

Weird bunch of corners. Looking like a Day 2 group to target for GB rather than Day 1. Might be better off looking for Max Melton end of the 2nd over Rakestraw or Wiggins in the first.
Not sure Melton is a 2nd rounder he might be a day 3 pick.

Yup, the top of the CB group got a little mixed up. McKinstry and DeJean didn't run. Arnold and Rakestraw didn't run as well as expected. Wiggins is awfully fast and awfully light. Mitchell would be great at #25 but with his showing, I'm pretty sure he's long gone. Day 2 is looking like the place to get value. Melton on Day 2 at 88 or 91 would be a solid option, 58 might be a little early, but what do I know. I think there are a few CBs worth looking at on Day 3 as well.

Kam Kinchens ran a 4.65. Is that guy playing deep center in the NFL? Branch was 4.58 last year and obviously he can play ball, can Kinchens be more of that nickel hybrid type? Kyle Hamilton 4.59, same question. I don’t know what Kinchens is like as a player and how you use him.

Kam Kinchens ran a 4.65. Is that guy playing deep center in the NFL? Branch was 4.58 last year and obviously he can play ball, can Kinchens be more of that nickel hybrid type? Kyle Hamilton 4.59, same question. I don’t know what Kinchens is like as a player and how you use him.
He doesn't look that on film at all..... sometimes well most times you can overthink those 40 times. He's a solid safety

I don't see anything here that says he can't play NFL safety

Back