2024 Draft Thread

he ran a 4.67 40 at his pro day.

Tried to find that number, not sure where it's from.

This was on USAToday:
At just over six feet tall and 202 pounds, DeJean ran a 4.42 40-yard dash as timed by an NFL scout. He posted a 10-yard split of 1.55 seconds and vertical jump of 38.5 inches.

Sports Illustrated's article:
According to The 33rd Team and other reports, DeJean ran his 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds on Monday. He added a 38.5-inch vertical leap and a 10-foot-4 broad jump. All of that at a sturdy 6-foot 1/2 and 203 pounds.

If someone did time him at 4.67, that would explain his big drop, but I can't find that number anywhere. I don't know what's correct, but his lack of speed doesn't seem part of the most common narrative out there on him and why teams passed on him.

wow. i don't know where i got that number. i swear when i did a google search it said 4.67, but now i can't replicate that result. i am embarrassed.

There's a lot of information out there.
wow. i don't know where i got that number. i swear when i did a google search it said 4.67, but now i can't replicate that result. i am embarrassed.
There are so many varying comments on the internet. It's difficult figuring out which is which. I've seen reports of him from 4.52 on down to 4.42. That's just one two pages of a google search. God only knows how many other variations there are. It kind of depends on what you use for your search.

It's easy to fall into them. We all do at times, but it goes back to the old thing about not believing too darned much of what you read out here.

So I read two different reports from two different scouting services post-draft, basically, he dropped because he was considered a tweener between a corner and a safety, and everyone put a 2nd round grade on him because of it. However they all didn't seem to think he could play slot corner sh))

Also please don't forget that Iowa DB are notorious underachievers from college to the NFL, seems a lot of scouts liked him but most coaching staff's downgraded him as stated above.

So 9 ou of the 11 Packers draft picks were at the senior bowl.

The writer of this article liked the Packers draft saying it will have the 3rd most impact of any team right away this year.

This is exactly why I liked our draft this year. We may not have well known named players drafted, but there are a lot of them that will be able to contribute immediately, not have to wait two or three years. That, to me, is a successful draft, when you're trying to fix problems, not look for another super star play maker.

Our two glaring needs, in my book, were safety and on the offensive line, and hopefully a guy who could step in immediately and play LT. We got those two players, and then they were able to nab a quality ILB to go with them, which was also something we needed, going to the 4-3.

Back