2024 FA Thread

Lot of FA on this list a guy like Poyer is a guy I mayb call 3-4 weeks into FA or even after the draft if I can't find anything better.

I hope you're right. The Pack needs Jones - mostly the stuff between his ears that seems to propel his athleticism.

Without Jones, I, seriously, wonder whether big investment in Love is warranted.
I wasn't advocating Barkley, per se, but what we saw is that our offense runs much better with a Jones-type of player (which I believe Barkley is, and when healthy Barkley would be an upgrade).We have seen the market for RB's disintegrate the last few years, where a handful of them were tagged last season but left to the FA market this year. How much more would it cost to get Barkley over Jones? just curious.

Report out Cincy likely to cut Joe Mixon. There are going to be a lot of FA RB's on the market which also effects Jones. IMO he's better to take a paycut to stay in GB then thinking he can tell GB no to a paycut and find a better deal in FA.

Interesting article on FA Safeties:

McKinney and Fuller stand out to me. Maybe Stone as well.
I think Fuller and Stone will be on that 2nd level safety. Not get crazy huge money but still in that 5-8 range which is what I think GB will be looking to spend.

All these very good to great players are being let go because teams are overpaying quarterbacks.

So again, I think the Pack should take a very long and hard look about paying 1 and losing many. I really enjoyed what Love did after Thanksgiving, and I'm not saying he doesn't slot into that enormous salary, but I'm not certain retaining Love at his cost is worth losing all the other skill players. Just a thought. I know what's going to happen.

Back