2024 NFL Season Thread

A lot of coaching changes, going to be interesting to see how things shake out and how that affects divisions.

Glad this is NY problem now and not GB's

The Jets have been criticized for giving Rodgers too much power within the organization, but Johnson said he values the input.

"He has strong opinions on the way the team is built, and we are digesting exactly how to interpret that," he said. "You need an interpreter a little bit there, but I couldn't be more impressed."

Glad this is NY problem now and not GB's

The Jets have been criticized for giving Rodgers too much power within the organization, but Johnson said he values the input.

"He has strong opinions on the way the team is built, and we are digesting exactly how to interpret that," he said. "You need an interpreter a little bit there, but I couldn't be more impressed."

I hear a lot of Arod in the owners comments…..

I hear a lot of Arod in the owners comments…..
Yeah Johnson is another one of the owners who think they are smarter then the guys they hire to run the team thus need to call the shots for the GM and HC.

NFL owners approve minority share sales to group led by Tom Brady. Reports say the group will be buying a 10% share with Brady funding 7% of that. The holdup on this deal was report that Mark Davis was offering a huge discount of up to 70% of teams valuation to Brady. Owners refused to approve and Davis and Brady's group agreed to a sale more in line with the value of the team.

NFL owners approve minority share sales to group led by Tom Brady. Reports say the group will be buying a 10% share with Brady funding 7% of that. The holdup on this deal was report that Mark Davis was offering a huge discount of up to 70% of teams valuation to Brady. Owners refused to approve and Davis and Brady's group agreed to a sale more in line with the value of the team.
So Davis wants to cash out pretty bad it seems.

So Davis wants to cash out pretty bad it seems.
I think he just wants Brady's name tied to the team more then anything. Brady will be a great brand marketer for the team.

Now that KC has won two in a row I wonder what their cap situation looks like for next year? Do they have big extensions or second contracts to navigate?

Now that KC has won two in a row I wonder what their cap situation looks like for next year? Do they have big extensions or second contracts to navigate?
Chris Jones is a FA is there only big name FA. $22 million under the cap and will likely go to bank of Mahomes to get more cap space

Back