3 things that stood out as Wisconsin men's hockey gets eliminated from the Big Ten playoffs

What stood our was not taking care of business. As much as Bucky men's hockey has been a joy ride this year, being the 2 seed and losing to the Big 10's worst team in the best of three first round of the Big 10 tournament is horrible. Bucky is the only higher seed to be forced to game 3. It's horrible. This isn't a 1 game aberration. Bucky lost 2 out of 3 at home.

I know, Bucky should get in the NCAA tournament, but it's backing in.

Dammit!

It is not guaranteed Bucky gets in the show.

Just where are these highballs heads?

We're only really in trouble if we fall outside the top 12 in the pairwise (and we were #6 heading into the weekend), but I could see that happening. We really needed North Dakota to close out strong and they haven't.

But it is beyond laughable that of OSU's 8 conference wins, we were what, 3 or 4 of them?

Insane.

We're only really in trouble if we fall outside the top 12 in the pairwise (and we were #6 heading into the weekend), but I could see that happening. We really needed North Dakota to close out strong and they haven't.

But it is beyond laughable that of OSU's 8 conference wins, we were what, 3 or 4 of them?

Insane.
Match ups sometimes can be a killer.

Insane.
You pinpointed the fear. Bucky should be fine, but lots of stuff could happen during the tournaments. Fingers crossed.

You pinpointed the fear. Bucky should be fine, but lots of stuff could happen during the tournaments. Fingers crossed.

At least if OSU manages to win the B1G, which is possible given how well they've played over the last 6 weeks, they'd have to knock off the #1 overall seed and maybe even get to the Frozen Four before we'd have to see them again.

Back