An Early Feeling on Gutey's Style

It's going to start playing out on the field in just a few months. It does look like a slap in the face for what was being done with Thompson.

If guys like Tramon start playing like real winners, we're going to be looking at the Thompson era as being a total waste of several careers from talented players.

Well, I think back to what Alonzo Highsmith said as he left for Cleveland..............

"It feels good to go somewhere that you feel like you’re trusted.”

After spending 19 years in Green Bay, those seem like pretty strong "negative" words coming from Highsmith and seem to be pointed at the person who made the final decisions when it came to player acquisition/retention.

It seems to suggest that Ted was insulated and inflexible when it came to what his "personnel team" brought to the table to discuss.

Well, I think back to what Alonzo Highsmith said as he left for Cleveland..............

After spending 19 years in Green Bay, those seem like pretty strong "negative" words coming from Highsmith and seem to be pointed at the person who made the final decisions when it came to player acquisition/retention.

It seems to suggest that Ted was insulated and inflexible when it came to what his "personnel team" brought to the table to discuss.
Your assuming it was all TT...every stop to think MM is as much of an issue as TT ?

MM very well may be an issue, but I based my comment on Highsmith not having to directly answer to MM in any capacity, since he worked for Ted. And, especially since after reading Mark Murphy's comments about "silo's" and the breakdown of communication within the organization.

Knocking down the silo's

JMHO, but if I were to lay blame on MM in any capacity it would be for keeping coaching personnel well beyond their expiration date(s).

Maybe I'm wrong and MM has been running the show behind the scenes in a clandestine manner, and Ted was too much of a wet noodle to call him out. But really, none of us know the real truth, and most likely never will.

MM very well may be an issue, but I based my comment on Highsmith not having to directly answer to MM in any capacity, since he worked for Ted. And, especially since after reading Mark Murphy's comments about "silo's" and the breakdown of communication within the organization.

Knocking down the silo's

JMHO, but if I were to lay blame on MM in any capacity it would be for keeping coaching personnel well beyond their expiration date(s).

Maybe I'm wrong and MM has been running the show behind the scenes in a clandestine manner, and Ted was too much of a wet noodle to call him out. But really, none of us know the real truth, and most likely never will.

I think it comes out this year... he has no Dom or Ted to blame going forward. He has changed OC a few times for various reasons. If for any reason they take a step back the only real piece of the puzzle left is MM. Sink or swim time.

Already proof out there by OL players cut from here...Newhouse, Giacomini and others were starters on other teams.....

Which beg the question we always asked....was it out lack of OL coaching them up or what?

Too bad Gutey wasn't in charge when Sitton and Lang were released, as maybe one or both would still be here.

Already proof out there by OL players cut from here...Newhouse, Giacomini and others were starters on other teams.....

Which beg the question we always asked....was it out lack of OL coaching them up or what?

Too bad Gutey wasn't in charge when Sitton and Lang were released, as maybe one or both would still be here.

Sitton was a thing that sounded like he questioned MM which got him his ticket out of town. Lang was not released he walked in FA though can be said that Ted blew it but not re-signing Lang a year earlier when he probably could have extended him for cheaper the what he got in FA.

Now all this being said, the other thing is Gutey gets 2 season to start in a positive direction. He has to 1) stop the bleeding, stabilize the roster, decide if MM is his guy, and add much needed talent, and 2) he needs to build towards his vision for the team.

To be honest I'm not expecting much this year. If they make the playoffs that'd be a bonus. If they win the division, well considering MIN is strong that'd be great too. But winning a division in the NFL is like a participation trophy, nobody cares except for the team that wins it.

Back