Another reason to hope things might be better next season.....

But, I do believe that some of our defenders actually have the talent to succeed with the new concepts that Pettine will put in place.

me too. i'm not expecting miracles. but i think there's a good chance that some of the players that people around here have been labeling as "garbage" will look a lot better if they are used to their strengths instead of trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Some will look better for sure. But some will also fall flat on their face.

Big problem is that Packers have nobody on Def who is high caliber enough to succeed across schemes.

I agree its going to take a few years to weed out TTs mistakes, overdrafts, and overpays. Capers is stale but you have to also say TT did not give him a roster stacked with talent.

Its like a chef needing a good steak for his sat night special and the managet bought him SPAM to use.

My old college roommate used to make a really good dish with spam and potatoes. The chef needs to be flexible sometimes.

I hate to admit it, but I like Spam too. After three lengthy trips to Europe, and spending time visiting good friends South of London, and up in Scotland, I realized how much Spam had become part of their culture. They use it in so many ways that it's mind boggling, and it's darned good.

One friend's wife toasted French bread on the grill, grilled a generous slab of Spam, placed goat cheese on it, grilled it a moment more, then added a nice slice of sweet onion, and a slice of tomato on top. She served it open face, just like that. It was great! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

That said, lots of interesting, and realistic points of view in this thread. It points at so many things that can happen this coming year. We may be in for a real roller coaster ride, until they complete the transition. I wouldn't be surprised if we moved up to near the middle of the defenses this coming year, and our offense line is going to improve considerably, with some guys getting healthy, some improved, and new people providing more depth.

Back