AR Prediction Thread

Only thing I hope when trade is done we don't take Corey Davis back. I do not know if some Packer fans just want him because he's a former 1st round pick or what. The guy is Sammy Watkins 2.0 so hard pass for me. Plus he has 1 year $11 million left on his contract. Only way likely to get that lowered is to extend him because otherwise he has not point in redoing his contract as he could just get cut otherwise and shop himself around to all the teams and see who gives him the best contract. In my eye's he is only worth what Watkins got last year a couple million base and a couple million in incentives and I don't think he would be willing to take that unless he shopped himself around and found that was the best he could do. Also don't want Mims either he's just a flat out bust.

I’m still sticking to my Jets aren’t as set on this as GB faithful think they are….

Hopefully we know soon…

I think the Aaron Rodgers deal will get done, probably Thursday. As we’ve said before, this thing has been too close to being done, and there’s too much on the line for everyone involved, for it not to happen. And while there is breathing room to take the negotiation all the way into Friday night, my guess is Rodgers will be a Jet before then.

The reason? The Packers have shown a desire to tweak Rodgers’s contract a bit before they trade him and, by rule, if there is an adjustment to the contract, they’d have to wait until a day after that to execute the trade.

That means if Green Bay adjusts the contract itself Friday, they can’t trade him until Saturday. And while they could just have the Jets pick for them Friday, it would limit what they could do from a trade standpoint with that pick, giving the Packers real motivation to move Rodgers before the draft starts. Additionally, I’ve heard Green Bay’s been steadfast about getting a pick in this year’s draft, rather than just 2024 and ’25 picks.
Given all that, I do feel comfortable saying that either the 42nd or 43rd pick will be part of the trade (which selection is another thing the Jets and Packers have haggled over), with, as we’ve said for a couple of weeks, what the 2024 pick looks like being what needs to be worked out in the coming days.

One idea was to make it a first-rounder conditional on the Jets’ making a certain stage of the playoffs (it’d be a second-rounder otherwise). Another was to have it be a hard first-rounder in 2024, with a second-rounder coming back to Jets in ’25 if Rodgers plays only a year. Also, at one point, a few weeks ago, the Packers sent the Jets a handful of acceptable trades. And GMs Joe Douglas and Brian Gutekunst have worked through some creative solutions, with everyone knowing how close the sides are to consummating a deal.
Given all that, I do feel comfortable saying that either the 42nd or 43rd pick will be part of the trade (which selection is another thing the Jets and Packers have haggled over), with, as we’ve said for a couple of weeks, what the 2024 pick looks like being what needs to be worked out in the coming days.

One idea was to make it a first-rounder conditional on the Jets’ making a certain stage of the playoffs (it’d be a second-rounder otherwise). Another was to have it be a hard first-rounder in 2024, with a second-rounder coming back to Jets in ’25 if Rodgers plays only a year. Also, at one point, a few weeks ago, the Packers sent the Jets a handful of acceptable trades. And GMs Joe Douglas and Brian Gutekunst have worked through some creative solutions, with everyone knowing how close the sides are to consummating a deal.
While we’re here, the Jets have stayed in contact with agent David Dunn—they still have permission to talk with him, though not Rodgers—so I don’t see any scenario where the contract is a hangup for either the quarterback or his new team.

In the end, and I’ve said this for a few weeks, I know a lot of this deal is going to come down to getting sign-off from a couple of key people—Jets owner Woody Johnson and Packers president Mark Murphy—who felt like they got worked a little by Brett Favre in the last blockbuster quarterback trade between these two teams 15 years ago.

But one more time: There’s too much on the line for everyone here for this not to happen. So midweek, I think we have a deal. If not, sooner.

Just curious here, but is there a cap advantage if the Packers don't officially trade Rodgers until June, when a lot of the cap hit can be written off in 2024, or isn't that an issue?

If it could be an issue, there could be an agreed upon deal, but not going to be enacted until after that date.

Just curious. This whole thing doesn't interest me that much any longer. It's become obsession to too many people in the media, and fans as well.

Just curious here, but is there a cap advantage if the Packers don't officially trade Rodgers until June, when a lot of the cap hit can be written off in 2024, or isn't that an issue?

If it could be an issue, there could be an agreed upon deal, but not going to be enacted until after that date.

Just curious. This whole thing doesn't interest me that much any longer. It's become obsession to too many people in the media, and fans as well.
If they trade after June 1 then there is a 2023 cap advantage, but they would retain some of that cap hit into 2024. If they trade before June 1 then the whole $40m hit goes on the books in 2023 but 2024 is free and clear of it.

Pick your poison. If they wanted to sign a FA this year and needed the space then there is an advantage to waiting. If they want to clear the dead weight asap and live with the tight cap for a year, then do it before.

If they trade after June 1 then there is a 2023 cap advantage, but they would retain some of that cap hit into 2024. If they trade before June 1 then the whole $40m hit goes on the books in 2023 but 2024 is free and clear of it.

Pick your poison. If they wanted to sign a FA this year and needed the space then there is an advantage to waiting. If they want to clear the dead weight asap and live with the tight cap for a year, then do it before.

That's what I figured. It is possible that they're going to do that, to gain some space this year.

There seems to be more to this delay than what we may think.

That's what I figured. It is possible that they're going to do that, to gain some space this year.

There seems to be more to this delay than what we may think.
I think it’s just a matter of deadlines, and the main deadline is the draft. Nothing more to it than that

I think it’s just a matter of deadlines, and the main deadline is the draft. Nothing more to it than that
You're probably right, but they could work the deal that it's not official until after the June deadline, to help the Packers.
We're going to find out real soon. But, if that's the intent, we probably won't hear a word about it until June, for fear of the league considering it an illegal move. That's, assuming, they'd frown on a trade being done with that caveat.

You're probably right, but they could work the deal that it's not official until after the June deadline, to help the Packers.
We're going to find out real soon. But, if that's the intent, we probably won't hear a word about it until June, for fear of the league considering it an illegal move. That's, assuming, they'd frown on a trade being done with that caveat.
From what's being reported GB wants deal done by draft as they prefer 2023 picks over 2024 picks.

Per Adam Schfenter

Aaron Rodgers is being traded to the New York Jets, sources tell ESPN.
Trade compensation:
Jets get:
1f3c8.png
Pick No. 15, Rodgers and a 2023 5th-round pick (No. 170).
Packers get:
1f3c8.png
Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-round pick (No. 42), a 6th-round pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65 percent of plays.

Back