BadgerMens BB Thread 2023/24

Just FYI..... it's not a WI thing>>> Even the big boy programs are getting hit:

@GoodmanHoops

Duke's roster has been completely decimated: 2 guys back: Tyrese Proctor (10.5 ppg), Caleb Foster (7.7 ppg)NBA: Kyle Filipowski (16.4 ppg), Jared McCain (14.3)Transfers: Jeremy Roach (14.0), Mark Mitchell (11.6), Sean Stewart (2.6), TJ Power (2.1), Jaylen Blakes (1.8), Christian Reeves (1.7), Jaden Schutt.

Reactions: TW
Lots of teams getting hit hard. Between NIL and wanting to get court time, players are bouncing around like electrons.

Bucky Basketball is going through some tough times.

I read today that Chucky wouldn't give Bucky a chance to meet or match an offer. Consequently, I think Bucky's style of play that doesn't seem to be a step towards a professional career is more the problem than NIL money.

I think Gard is handling this as well as anybody.

Unfortunately, I can see Wisconsin becoming a 'feeder' school where players come to learn and develop fundamentals before leaving for greener pastures.

Bucky Basketball is going through some tough times.

I read today that Chucky wouldn't give Bucky a chance to meet or match an offer. Consequently, I think Bucky's style of play that doesn't seem to be a step towards a professional career is more the problem than NIL money.

I think Gard is handling this as well as anybody.

Unfortunately, I can see Wisconsin becoming a 'feeder' school where players come to learn and develop fundamentals before leaving for greener pastures
I don't see Chucky as having the potential for a professional career, well at least not the NBA. but I think it's still a stretch.

I don't see Chucky as having the potential for a professional career, well at least not the NBA. but I think it's still a stretch.
Some of us have been saying for a long time that the Gard game is antiquated.

If I had a kid who could play round ball, and Wisconsin was one of the schools that came calling, I'd tell him to forget about it. It can only harm your game being there.

Chucky may not have a future in the NBA, but we're going to find out this coming season. I kept saying that it was his not driving the lane and creating that hurt them the most. He might just have that game but it was hidden in the Gard system.

We're going to find out, that's for sure.

Badgers have added Camren Hunter, 6'3", PG from Central Arkansas through the portal. Will replace most of Hepburns minutes at PG. A little bigger than Chuckie but not as quick. Can score at the rim but not particularly esplosive. Willing to initiate contact. Good free throw shooter. Sat out last season with a Jones fracture in his foot.

Doesn't really move the needle but replaces some lost minutes. Now Gard needs to add a 4 and hopefully a 3.

Another day, another portal addition. This time it's Xavier Amos, 6'8", PF. A Chicago kid who played at N.ILL. last year. He had interest from a number of teams and recently had an official visit with Virginia. He's not the defender or rebounder Tyler Wahl was, but he's a much better shooter, with range out to the 3pt line. He'll be able to create better spacing and make it harder to double team the post.

Another solid if unspectacular addition to the roster. I'd love to see them add another big guy to battle underneath in a bench role.

The AD and alumni are clearly happy with WI being a middle of the road team in the Big Ten that can never do anything in the NCAA tourney. Proof in the pudding is extending Gard. With this style of offense you are not going to attract top tier talent or get them to stay long if you do as they will see this is not a offense that will get them drafted into the NBA. But UW does just enough to put butts in seats and keep some coin flowing into the coffers. Until that changes UW won't change it's coach.

Back