Badgers athletes' season over as NCAA, Big Ten end competition in response to COVID-19 coronavirus

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The NCAA announced Thursday that it was canceling all of the remaining Division I championships for the season. And the Big Ten Conference said it was ending competition for the 2019-20 school year.

Continue reading...

Damn, a nice finish for the men's B-ball team, but I would like to have seen them get a few more games. Really came together and made a push to finish the season. Oh well, they finished the year on a solid note. Something to build on for next year when they will have a really seasoned veteran group.

Men's hockey was done anyway, no issues there. Would like to have seen the women get another shot at an NCAA championship.

Any word on Spring football? I assume they might still allow practices but since they've cancelled all classes and gatherings on campus, maybe that's off as well. For sure there won't be a "Spring Game".

The Men's bball, Women's hockey team, and the Wrestling team (ranked #5 nationally) should make "National Champion contenders" tshirts or something.

As for spring ball, it depends what the NCAA means when they said all spring sports were cancelled. Omaha radio is still talking like the spring game in Lincoln is still on, though the national guys aren't so sure.

Back