Badgers land 4-star 2016 safety Eric Burrell

BuckySaunders

Reaction score
ericburrell-150x150.jpg

So much for “Paul Chryst can’t recruit.”

On Monday, the long battle for 4-star Ownings Mills (Md.) McDonough School safety, Eric Burrell, ended. It was good news for the Badgers, as he gave his verbal commitment to the University of Wisconsin.

He becomes the 21st commitment for the Badgers and the fifth 4-star recruit to verbally commit to the team. The other 4-star players are offensive tackle Cole Van Lanen, defensive tackle Garret Rand, running back Antonio Williams and athlete A.J. Taylor.

Burrell was scheduled to take three more visits, going to Duke, Syracuse and Boston College but apparently opted to shut down his recruitment and go with the Badgers.

He visited for the Iowa game two weeks ago and came away impressed.

“I was very impressed,” Burrell told our recruiting partners at Badger247. “I liked the players, the academic support — I’m very excited about this official. I’m very impressed by how they came out and showed me some love.

“The game — the crowd and support is crazy. They have so many fans, they were involved with everything. That’s what you want from fans.

“To be honest with you, I was impressed with everything, man.”

He is the No. 17-ranked safety in the country, the No. 12-ranked player in Maryland and the No. 323-ranked player in the 247Sports composite rankings.

With his commitment, the Badgers now have the No. 20-ranked recruiting class in the country (which would be an all-time high according to 247Sports) and remain with the No. 5 class in the Big Ten.

Thanks to the commitments of Rand and Burrell, Wisconsin has shot up 11 spots in the national rankings in the last two weeks alone.

The post Badgers land 4-star 2016 safety Eric Burrell appeared first on Madtown Badgers.

Continue reading...

Back