BJ Raji reportedly retiring

salmar80

Reaction score
Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood
BREAKING: B.J. Raji plans to retire from football, per source with knowledge of his plans. #Packers are aware of his decision.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood
Raji tells me he's walking away from a "very, very nice deal" from #Packers and interest from multiple playoff teams.

Last edited:
Quite a surprise from Busari Alamu Jr.

I didn't think he'd get a huge contract, but enough millions to bother getting up from bed and going to work. He has been injured past two seasons, body could be breaking down already at age of 29.

That could change in a few weeks. Packer fans have seen it before!!

This last year he did play like it was more of a job. Maybe one of those guys who liked the game but never quite LOVED it?

Quite a surprise from Busari Alamu Jr.

I didn't think he'd get a huge contract, but enough millions to bother getting up from bed and going to work. He has been injured past two seasons, body could be breaking down already at age of 29.
Has it was mentioned in shout he did have a concussion this year so perhaps that is part of reason or reason he is retiring. We have seen last couple years a few players call it a career early due to concussion concerns.

Five years ago, Raji retiring before the age of 30 without an acute injury would have been surprising. Now not so much. If you don't love it, why kill yourself?

Sad to see him go, he was a big part of that SB winning team in 2010. I will miss watching him play. When he turned it on, he was a great DT.

Back