Bucks slow start?

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
1-2 to start the season and getting blown out by the lowly garbage Knicks? Bucks better figure out what the problem is and get it right. Is it that the team has several new players or is it the bench is weak?

1-2 to start the season and getting blown out by the lowly garbage Knicks? Bucks better figure out what the problem is and get it right. Is it that the team has several new players or is it the bench is weak?
Way to early to overreact. Boston game was a aberration, Tatum and Brown made some unreal shots as did Teague. And they won on a Hail Mary prayer shot. Lakers are only 2-2, Brooklyn 2-2, Dallas 1-2, Denver 1-2. Bench is a work in progress and so is defense. No panic

Way to early to overreact. Boston game was a aberration, Tatum and Brown made some unreal shots as did Teague. And they won on a Hail Mary prayer shot. Lakers are only 2-2, Brooklyn 2-2, Dallas 1-2, Denver 1-2. Bench is a work in progress and so is defense. No panic
well, can we at least panic about the badgers losing to maryland?

well, can we at least panic about the badgers losing to maryland?
No. When one of the best FT shooting teams in the B1G shoot 53% from the line and when one of the best interior defenses gets beat in the paint 38-20 you deserve to lose. Potter was awful and Reuvers was equally bad. Just a bad night

Last edited:
Too many non-shows on the floor for the Badgers against the Terps. Watching them blow FTs, easy shots underneath, and leave driving lanes open constantly, there was no way they were going to win. I just hope this was a good learning experience. They certainly didn't look like they were even a Big 10 competitor last night.

Let's hope the tapes of the game help them identify and resolve their issues. There are some that have bothered me, even when they win. Things I just don't understand. Like why we aren't seeing more game involvement from Davis, Ford, and Davison. It's like they're being told to stand in the corner and wait for an open shot. I think Ford is a solid slasher, who can get to the net quick enough to draw a lot of fouls, and put points on the board. Davis can create shots out of nothing. He's going to be a star. Let him start using that creativity to our advantage. Let Davison slash to the net, and do his outlet passes to guys who can make shots from outside. Then, when will the Trice is going to shoot, because he says so, by holding the ball for 20 seconds stop?

Too many non-shows on the floor for the Badgers against the Terps. Watching them blow FTs, easy shots underneath, and leave driving lanes open constantly, there was no way they were going to win. I just hope this was a good learning experience. They certainly didn't look like they were even a Big 10 competitor last night.

Let's hope the tapes of the game help them identify and resolve their issues. There are some that have bothered me, even when they win. Things I just don't understand. Like why we aren't seeing more game involvement from Davis, Ford, and Davison. It's like they're being told to stand in the corner and wait for an open shot. I think Ford is a solid slasher, who can get to the net quick enough to draw a lot of fouls, and put points on the board. Davis can create shots out of nothing. He's going to be a star. Let him start using that creativity to our advantage. Let Davison slash to the net, and do his outlet passes to guys who can make shots from outside. Then, when will the Trice is going to shoot, because he says so, by holding the ball for 20 seconds stop?
If Trice was not on the floor this team loses to MSU, I don’t get the criticism but ok. If I had to be critical of any player on the roster now it’s Ruevers. He’s in a funk offensively. Part of that is when Potter is on the floor he seems to get out of sync and Gard has done a better job of getting Davis involved and only one big on the floor. Ford is what he is. Either get him on the blocks or spot him up. He’s not quick but he can be effective in the swing offense flow. And he plays really good defense.

It’s one game. Nothing to panic about. This team looked fantastic vs Louisville, MSU & was good vs Nebraska. It’s still a top 10 team nationally and top 3 B1G.

that's what you say every time they lose. those "one game"s add up.
It’s does. I’ve watched this team every game that’s been on TV. Last night was an aberration. No need to panic.

I guess this thread is a microcasm of fans and expectations in general. The Bucks for instance. They are 1-2 and lost 1 game on a miracle shot, its 3 games in a 72 game season and already its a slow start and whats wrong? The Badgers? 6th in the country and laid a dud vs a very good Maryland team. Lets see Iowa is 7-2, Illinois is 7-3, are they "overrated" no? Did I ever think they would run the table? no. will they lose again? hell yes they will and they also will finish in the top 3-4 in the conference. With COVID the NBA had a short camp with little preseason to figure out the pieces, college games get moved or cancelled do to COVID, its not the "normal". Lot of hoops left to play

Back