Coan gets start against Purdue

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The mystery of which quarterback will start for the Wisconsin Badgers against Purdue is no longer. According to reports, junior Alex Hornibrook didn’t make the trip to West Lafayette, Ind. and that means it will be Coan’s third start this season. #Badgers QB Alex Hornibrook did not make the trip to Purdue, per UW officials. It’ll be Jack Coan making his third career start today.&mdash.

Source

Continue reading...

16 of 24 for 206 yards and 2 TDs with some boneheaded mistakes along the way? Not bad.

Turning around 33 times to give the ball to JT? Always a good decision. Heck, Groschek and James averaged over 4.5 ypc in their 12 touches too.

Coan got his 1st win, hopefully it's a springboard to good things

Coan's biggest problem is lack of experience. They just need to realize that the short passes can make his game better, because it also improves the running game. One thing you have to ask yourself.

How darned good is Taylor? It looks like he's being shut down, the next thing you know, he's working his way towards another unbelievable game, and season. I wonder where he'll end up on the all-time yardage list, when his career is done. He's going to be up there in rare air with the best.

Coan's biggest problem is lack of experience. They just need to realize that the short passes can make his game better, because it also improves the running game. One thing you have to ask yourself.

How darned good is Taylor? It looks like he's being shut down, the next thing you know, he's working his way towards another unbelievable game, and season. I wonder where he'll end up on the all-time yardage list, when his career is done. He's going to be up there in rare air with the best.

Coan could play at UW for 4 more years and much of what you see will stay the same. He at best a backup at the D1 level. He’s a more athletic Mike Samual.

Coan could play at UW for 4 more years and much of what you see will stay the same. He at best a backup at the D1 level. He’s a more athletic Mike Samual.

I'm not certain that's true. He played in at least one game in 2017 where he had stats. He's now played in 4 games during this season with stats. If he didn't take the field, even for mop up, at any time, I still think it's a stretch to think he's going to have more than 3 years left. I never indicated he was a great QB, just that his lack of experience was obvious. I think that 2020 is when the Mertz era will probably begin in Madison, assuming he's the real deal, and things go as they look now. So, no matter, Coan will be a back up through the rest of his college career, from what I see. In fact, he could even fall down in the pecking order if one of the young guys they've brought in shows he's got game.

Good point and reference to Samuel. Strictly a caretaker QB who could hand the ball off, make a few decent plays, but not "the man" when it came to directing a diverse offense. If I recall correctly, he didn't throw the ball that much. He's kind of a "forgotten player."

My point was he is want he is and his ceiling is low

Back