Could It BE ???

But it is NOT working. It has leveled off and is not good enough to win the Super Bowl. Rodgers would be able to learn whatever they threw at him. Maybe the new coach would bring Philbin back to run the offense. You can't run the team for one player. Arod will be fine, he's a film watching nut and sees the field like nobody else.
Sometimes change is good.

A good coach will look at what Arod does best and plan around it. So it ahouldnt be too hard on Arod.

A good coach will look at what Arod does best and plan around it. So it ahouldnt be too hard on Arod.

And as I said before, with Favre, on another forum long ago, it's not saying much for your future hall of famer if he couldn't learn or adjust to another offense. AR is smart. He would be fine.

Last edited:
I think he’d enjoy the challenge, and would probably also enjoy having a coach who schemes WR open rather than waiting for everyone to run around until they free up.

I think he’d enjoy the challenge, and would probably also enjoy having a coach who schemes WR open rather than waiting for everyone to run around until they free up.

Couldn't be said better!

Please, please , PLEASE tell me this is true! How many times have we seen Aaron screaming at MM on the sidelines because of not knowing where the clock is or challenging plays that can’t be challenged?!

Ted has had 7 years to try and build a decent defense. I’ve seen enough McMillians, Justin Harrells, Jerel Worthys, and Kyhri Thorntons. I’m all for a shot at a Dorsey or Schneider. Gruden wouldn’t hurt my feelings either. I’m tired of the lack of decent coaching and accountability. Bring it on! pop( thumbsup

I think we are all praying this is accurate but I would not count my chickens. This BOD and Murphy have done nothing the last 7 years. Our only hope IS if MM decides to leave.

I think we are all sick of a little above avg with only 1 title. Not good enough.

Maybe time to bump this again. Here's part of a Florio report from ProFootballTalk:

Now that McAdoo is out, should he ever have been in?
Posted by Mike Florio on December 4, 2017, 11:48 AM EST
Getty Images
Three weeks after the Giants reacted to a report of a potential Ben McAdoo firing by claiming that he’d be on the job for the rest of the year, he’s out. The question remains whether he ever should have been in.
Hired from Green Bay to bring an unimaginative, non-creative, system-obsessed offense to New York, McAdoo did enough to be in the right place at the right time when ownership decided to fire Tom Coughlin, keep everyone else, and promote the offensive coordinator. Last year, McAdoo led the Giants to an unlikely playoff berth, seemingly securing his status for years to come.
But flaws that emerged with the offense late last year lingered, with the offense sputtering and McAdoo seeming to be less and less of a guy who gets it.

A little cola came out of my nose when I hit the underlined part. Too bad McAdoo didn't have Rodgers to bail him out. At least the Giants moved decisively to correct their mistake less than one year removed from the playoffs!

Maybe time to bump this again. Here's part of a Florio report from ProFootballTalk:

Now that McAdoo is out, should he ever have been in?
Posted by Mike Florio on December 4, 2017, 11:48 AM EST
Getty Images
Three weeks after the Giants reacted to a report of a potential Ben McAdoo firing by claiming that he’d be on the job for the rest of the year, he’s out. The question remains whether he ever should have been in.
Hired from Green Bay to bring an unimaginative, non-creative, system-obsessed offense to New York, McAdoo did enough to be in the right place at the right time when ownership decided to fire Tom Coughlin, keep everyone else, and promote the offensive coordinator. Last year, McAdoo led the Giants to an unlikely playoff berth, seemingly securing his status for years to come.
But flaws that emerged with the offense late last year lingered, with the offense sputtering and McAdoo seeming to be less and less of a guy who gets it.

A little cola came out of my nose when I hit the underlined part. Too bad McAdoo didn't have Rodgers to bail him out. At least the Giants moved decisively to correct their mistake less than one year removed from the playoffs!

I just don't see the McCarthy coaching tree as very bountiful or fruitful. The underlined portion of the article rings true.

7b68f1a6d3f2c6935e4b410673ae2f29.jpg

The MM coaching tree

Back