Crease Creature's CFB Top 20 and Bottom 5 (week 2)

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Nobody offered any opinions or their own ranking, so here, once again, is my NCAA FBS Top 20. Last week's poll here: http://www.wisconsinsportstalk.net/threads/crease-creatures-top-20-and-bottom-5.2197/

On with the show!

1. Alabama--Legit #1, no letdown against MTSU (Last: 1)
2. Wisconsin--running game is a concern, but Stave sure looks like he's benefitting from Chryst's offense (Last: 2)
3. Ohio State--I'll be interested to see how Wisconsin handles the "common opponent" when we face Hawaii in two weeks. (Last: 3)
4. Michigan State--You can look, I brought up concerns about Oregon last week. Nice win by the Spartans. (Last: 13)
5. Georgia Tech--I have a feeling that this might be their year. They rolled again. (Last: 5)
6. Northwestern--they don't blow out or shut out anybody, who are these guys? (Last: 7)
7. TCU--I like what you've done with your offense (last: 9)
8. Notre Dame--You probably didn't need to play it that close (last: 6)
9. LSU--you went on road and beat a ranked SEC opponent who I don't think was going to be as good as they were last year, but you still showed up and won after losing to the weather last week. (Last: 125)
10. USC--Blew out the rednecks from Idaho, and are probably thankful that Oregon put together a tougher schedule. I still don't think the Pac-12 is strong this year. (Last: 8)
11. Georgia--certainly impressive, but I feel like you let Vanderbilt score too many points. (Last: 11)
12. Oklahoma State--I'm happy that you guys went on the road last week, then destroyed a cupcake at home. Party on, Stillwater. (Last: 10)
13. Clemson--congrats, you beat App. State. (Last: 17)
14. UCLA--the strength of the Pac-12 rests in Los Angeles this season, but I can't pinpoint it better than that. (Last 16)
15. Florida State--I like UCLA better than I like you (Last: 15)
16. BYU--I award points for dramatic finishes, and hey look, you guys are ranked by the other people who know better now too! I don't think you're here for long (next two games @UCLA and @Michigan), but enjoy! (last: 19)
17. Oklahoma--it caused me physical pain to type that, but damn if you guys didn't go into Knoxville and beat those burnt orange turds in OT. F*ck Bob Stoops. (Last: NR)
18. Baylor--there is still no defense on this team, and that will bite them when they play someone good. They could lose to OU and TCU this year, maybe even K-State (last: 12)
19. Oregon--I warned you guys that you gave up too many points to E.Wash, but I don't think you listened. I think you're still the class of the Pac-12 North, but I'm not sure what you're going to do the rest of the way. I like you more than I like A&M at this point (since Arizona State had to actually play against Cal Poly). (Last: 14)
20. Toledo--If you need an explanation for why they're here, I'm sorry, I'll let Rex Ryan, of all people, let you in on it: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/rex-ryan-burns-arkansas-coach-bret-bielema (Last: NR)

Newcomers: LSU, OU, Toledo
Fell Out, Not their fault: Texas A&M, Buffalo
Pride goeth before the Fall: Auburn

Bottom Five:
124. Auburn
--What happened to you guys on Saturday (OT needed to beat FCS opponent Jacksonville State (which was being played on the screens at Camp Randall during timeouts and other stoppages)), combined with what happened to your opponent from last week (Louisville lost at home to Houston) is what brings you down here. (Last: 4)
125. Kansas--you guys got doubled up by Memphis, at home. Have you no pride? (last: 124)
126. Arizona State--look, guys, I get it. You weren't supposed to lose to A&M, but it happens. Then you went out and had a fight on your hands with Cal Poly, at home. But are you really so embarrassed as to claim to be 1-0? As of this writing, the schedule I'm looking at says the sun devils are 1-0. Oversight? Maybe, but it lands you in the Pit this week. (Last: NR)
127. Minnesota--For this week, and this week only, you are not the lowest level of Hell, and only the extraordinarily pleasurable circumstances of the next team are keeping you out of there. But you really struggled with Colorado State at home, huh? Must be something about Rams and Overtime. (Last: 128)
128. Arkanschadenfreudesas--Oh the joy! The unmitigated joy! If Bret had just left the Badgers for this other job and just been a good boy about it, I'd have no ill will. I get that coaches are eager to get to the new job as soon as possible, and leaving a team before the bowl happens all the time. But you just won't shut up about things. Which high school program are you going to schedule next year just to take things down a level? You keep giving your peers so much ammunition against you in the recruiting game. Really, there's not much more to say, other than #karma. (Last: suck it, Bielema)

Climbed out of the Pit: LSU, Penn State, Washington State
Welcome to HELL! Arkansas, Arizona State, Auburn

Want to have a community poll? Great, just message me your top 20 and I'll composite all the results. Give suggestions for your bottom five if you like those, too.

Big Badger fan #2 ..... no. Not a top 10 team this year. Ohio State is loaded and will only falter if they do it self inflicted. Georgia Tech hasn't played anyone yet... 1 good game from any disciplined defense and it's over. ( DE makes the QB commit and you cover the pitchman. Game over)

Not a bad list thanks.I'll move to the Badger den for better exposure.

See last week's rankings for why UW is #2. They'd be #1 in a poll I do alone as long as they're undefeated :)

Back