Future DC Thread

Wow, Leonhard to Colorado?

I anticipated a Saban project in Alabama
I kind of thought that too. We'll see how it works out there with Prime.

To be honest, I no longer want to see Barry fired. After crunching the numbers from this entire season, and seeing how it started and ended, I found that the level of play of the defense was much improved after the 7th game. Of course it coincided with the upsurge in the offense, which is natural. They have to complement each other to be truly effective.

There's little doubt that the Packers defense isn't as well manned as it should be. It's been held together using players that quite frankly, in some cases, shouldn't even be in the NFL. Yet, here they are, in the playoffs.

I think we'll see a major uptick in the defense next year, as the Packers invest through the draft, and free agency and/or trades, to make it better. With the growth we see in the offense, from one year to the next, this team could be a threat to go all the way next year, regardless of what happens on Sunday in Dallas.

Anyhow, that's my opinion, after going through the numbers. In this case, the stats do tell an interesting story. You just have to separate them down to see what matters.

To be honest, I no longer want to see Barry fired. After crunching the numbers from this entire season, and seeing how it started and ended, I found that the level of play of the defense was much improved after the 7th game. Of course it coincided with the upsurge in the offense, which is natural. They have to complement each other to be truly effective.

There's little doubt that the Packers defense isn't as well manned as it should be. It's been held together using players that quite frankly, in some cases, shouldn't even be in the NFL. Yet, here they are, in the playoffs.

I think we'll see a major uptick in the defense next year, as the Packers invest through the draft, and free agency and/or trades, to make it better. With the growth we see in the offense, from one year to the next, this team could be a threat to go all the way next year, regardless of what happens on Sunday in Dallas.

Anyhow, that's my opinion, after going through the numbers. In this case, the stats do tell an interesting story. You just have to separate them down to see what matters.
It's interesting, to say the least. I truly can see ML evaluating all things in consideration and he'll retain Barry.

It's interesting, to say the least. I truly can see ML evaluating all things in consideration and he'll retain Barry.
When I was checking stats, and saw that the Packers were at #10 in scoring defense, I began to wonder if we really were seeing the whole picture. So, I dug deep in the stats, and started seeing things that were very interesting. How we lost like 5 games by 4 or less points, and in almost every case, it wasn't the defense that cost us, it was the offense which wasn't firing on all 8 cylinders yet.

Yes, there were games where they fell apart, but by and large, they had a pretty decent season, as a whole. When you see the turn around in play, to more consistency over the last 9 games, it told a different story than the 2-5 team we had going into that run. When you think about it, we were 7-3, and able to revenge previous losses, and won 4 out of 7 games we played against teams with winning records. Lots of indicators, and stats, the changed my mind. And, let's face it, I was one of those ready to ride Barry out of town on a rail.

Since Vrables name came up we can move that discussion here. Would like to see what he could do with the LBs in GB..

Back