Future DC Thread

Let me just counter the Leonhard argument with this - he's not a homer pick. He was the finalist once before for ML and turned it down - that wasn't the homer fans doing that. I think Leonhard made a mistake not coaching last year. His name has cooled off. He would bring a different style as he's more aggressive with his front 7 and tends to use more man coverage with his corners. I don't think they should hire him but it's not like he's not a legit option. At this point I think he needs to figure out what he really wants to do with his career and find a good college DC job.
Who would you want to see as DC?

Her point is valid..what IF you hire a new DC and it happens again? Goes back to the man shopping for the groceries doesn't it?
ML fails on this DC hire it probably ends him as HC.

okay, i took this off of reddit so i have no idea if it is accurate or not:

Here is the current list of coaches that have interviewed or have been requested to interview for DC jobs

Chris Harris, Defensive Passing Game Coordinator/CBs, Titans

Terrell Williams, Assistant HC/DL, Titans

Ryan Nielsen, Former Atlanta Falcons Defensive Coordinator (Hired by Jacksonville Jaguars)

Shane Bowen, Former DC, Titans

Ejiro Evero, DC, Panthers (Request denied)

Chris Hewitt, Defensive Passing Game Coordinator, Ravens

Marquand Manuel, Safeties Coach, Jets

Wink Martindale, Former DC, Giants

DeMarcus Covington, DL Coach, Patriots

Michael Hodges, LBs Coach, Saints

Tem Lukabu, OLBs Coach, Panthers

Christian Parker, DBs Coach, Broncos

Derrick Ansley, DC, Chargers

Bobby Babich, LB Coach, Bills

Anthony Campanile, LBs Coach, Dolphins

Dennard Wilson, DBs Coach, Ravens

Mike Caldwell, Former DC, Jaguars

Ron Rivera, Former HC, Commanders

I hope the players keep their mouths shut. Their job is inside the chalk lines, not opening their mouths to influence decisions. It seems like way too many players have problems with their mouths. They haven't got the common sense to realize that there are fans and media types who will take what they say and turn it into a conspiracy theory because they have nothing better to do.

Let's hope that starts with Alexander. He has a floppy lip at times.

Back