How first-round Big Ten Tournament exit impacts Wisconsin men's hockey in NCAA picture

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Badgers men's hockey team will be in the NCAA Tournament, but it can't control its seed after an early exit from the Big Ten playoffs.

Continue reading...

Bucky still should make the NCAA, but it's not guaranteed. Long weekend ahead

Bucky still should make the NCAA, but it's not guaranteed. Long weekend ahead
They should make it. They have the Quad 1 wins to provide reason enough. But, if they get dumped in their first game in the playoffs, stranger things have happened. A second trip to the NIT would not make anyone around the program in the slightest bit happy. Gard could go home and find a U-Haul trailer sitting in his drive way with a note from McIntosh that it's so he can start packing.

For the life of me, I can't understand how the Gard teams can fold during the second half of every season. It's past the point of being coincidence.

They should make it. They have the Quad 1 wins to provide reason enough. But, if they get dumped in their first game in the playoffs, stranger things have happened. A second trip to the NIT would not make anyone around the program in the slightest bit happy. Gard could go home and find a U-Haul trailer sitting in his drive way with a note from McIntosh that it's so he can start packing.

For the life of me, I can't understand how the Gard teams can fold during the second half of every season. It's past the point of being coincidence.
I'm all with you on Bucky Basketball. But I think they need to do well in the Big 10 Tournament - at least to the semi finals. I think you could very well see a selection committee decide to give someone else a chance over a non-performing Badger.

This is Hockey.

It's on Pairwise. And, Bucky is sinking a bit in Pairwise based on losing to Ohio State. Bucky could sink further based on the outcome of Conference tournaments. In Pairwise Bucky dropped from 6 to 9 by losing to Ohio State. I think 2 teams could go past them to put them at 11. If underdogs with conference tournaments, Bucky could be on the outside looking in. Go Conference Favorites!

I'm all with you on Bucky Basketball. But I think they need to do well in the Big 10 Tournament - at least to the semi finals. I think you could very well see a selection committee decide to give someone else a chance over a non-performing Badger.

This is Hockey.

It's on Pairwise. And, Bucky is sinking a bit in Pairwise based on losing to Ohio State. Bucky could sink further based on the outcome of Conference tournaments. In Pairwise Bucky dropped from 6 to 9 by losing to Ohio State. I think 2 teams could go past them to put them at 11. If underdogs with conference tournaments, Bucky could be on the outside looking in. Go Conference Favorites!
My bad. I thought you were referring to basketball. I do agree with you on hockey. That was a heart wrenching loss to OSU.

Back