It IS Jordan Love Time !!

I do have to laugh when I see the "Anti-Love" people out there saying he hasn't got it because he didn't throw that opening 60+ yard pass to Watson on a dime, so he could keep running. It makes me wonder how many of them actually know how to throw a pass, or understand the dynamics of a 60 yard pass IN THE AIR? The vast majority are under thrown, and the rare QB, who has an arm like Favre, will overthrow it.

If you look at the Next Gen Stats, you'll find that it's a very small percentage of passes thrown that distance are complete. The fact is, Love got the ball to Watson and he dropped it. Look it up. It's on the charts.

Jordan has trouble connecting on those deep routes, so he's been cutting them down, throwing a little shorter.

Aaron Rodgers on Jordan Love:

Aaron Rodgers is not surprised to see Jordan Love’s recent success with the Green Bay Packers. However, he doesn’t want Cheeseheads to put too much pressure on the young quarterback.

As Rodgers reminded the Green Bay faithful, Love is only 25 years old and in his first year as a starter. With that said, crowning him this early and putting unreal expectations on him might not be good for his growth and confidence.

While Rodgers understands the hype, he wants fans to stop putting such enormous pressure on Love.

“He’s playing, especially the last three games, outstanding. But, he’s in his first year starting. As well as he is playing, can we not crown him right now? For his own sake. Because, we shouldn’t do that to kids. We shouldn’t crown them, and we shouldn’t cancel them,” Rodgers said of Love.

“I love Jordan and I think he’s gonna be a great player in the league for a long time, but can we let him play his career?”

Back