It IS Jordan Love Time !!

Enough praise for Love. We know he's going to be just fine. Let's look at how he mixes with his receiving corp. That's the essence of what the future holds. I see the off-season work outs with the receivers visiting him for an impromptu camp as an excellent bonding opportunity. It works on all levels, and when he even invited the rookies from this year to his gathering last summer, it proved he meant business.

Now it's up to the front office, and GM to add players where they're needed. Despite the growing pains, I think we've seen a tremendous improvement in the play of the offensive line. They still need some help, but it's not as much of a problem as it was when this season started. Players have been upgrading their play on a week by week basis.

Where we haven't seen a bright future is on defense. It sounds like a never ending story. We see them invest heavily on defense, and it goes nowhere. Between injuries, inconsistencies, the wheels are constantly coming off the bus. The defense needs revamping, and a somewhat different change in direction that can be offered by a new, and creative, defensive coaching staff, that brings innovation to the table. The last thing we need is a retread defensive coordinator who's mired in past successes that have been overpowered by creative offenses that found their weaknesses.

It should probably start the day after the Packers play their last game. It would be time to send Barry packing, and probably all, or nearly all, of his assistant coaches. It's time for a fresh, new, start on that side of the ball.

EDIT NOTE: I also believe it's time to change the direction of our special teams. A coaching change is essential. We need a ST coach that's along the lines of Nolan Cromwell, who had people flying around the field making plays, and capable of differentiating the difference between a good block and a block in the back.

That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

We’ve seen Jordan Love succeed this year. We’ve seen he has the tools and the smarts to get it done. What we don’t know yet is can he do it year after year. Especially after DCs have an entire offseason to look at his tape and look for areas to attack him.

I’m fairly confident the talent is there. But this is a marathon not a sprint.

We’ve seen Jordan Love succeed this year. We’ve seen he has the tools and the smarts to get it done. What we don’t know yet is can he do it year after year. Especially after DCs have an entire offseason to look at his tape and look for areas to attack him.

I’m fairly confident the talent is there. But this is a marathon not a sprint.
The Nick Foles story must not be repeated in Green Bay.

Back