It's not the QB

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Today Badger FB fans we go to school Cch

Graham Mertz sucks...we need a new QB... whine ..cry bitch.

You were wrong, it was anything but him.

Todays stats; 30/ 45 423 3 TD no int vs South Carolina in an SEC GAME

You can NOT win with inferior Skill players and that's what PC had and we still have. Rome wasn't built in a day

Last edited:
Put's him at 1900 yards plus 12 TD and 2 picks on the year with 165 rating, so yeah I can't argue it wasn't him. Honestly that's some sobering stuff and in my book the final nail in PC and company's coffin.

It might take Fickell awhile to restock the shelves so I guess I better think about more beer in the fridge for Badger/Packer games. Ahh the good days are new again.

Bad offense around. OL is not built for air raid. WR not built for air raid. QB are struggling to complete passes. Only have one quality RB and he's been dinged up. Longo has had questionable play calling. Not one thing but a whole lot of issues that add up to make this a offense that is a dud. WI has work cut out for them it's going to take at least another couple recuritting cycles and some good transfer portal transfers to get the talent on this offense to make a true air raid offense work.

i don't know jack about how to match a qb to a system, so i'm just wondering out loud. i wonder if mertz would have been good in fickell's offense?

Graham Mertz was never a bad QB, but he was never going to turn it around in Madison. His move to Florida was a move to a system that he'd be comfortable in because of how Napier could effectively massage it to fit Graham's strong points. In the process, Mertz has developed into the QB that so many of us believed he could have been.

I'm happy for him, and I'm also glad it showed us all how important it was to dump the system being used for one that would open up the game more on offense. It might take a year or two to get it totally played out on the field, as the body types change with new players being brought in. Nobody should expect instant gratification in the change, and be very happy if they can win 8 games this year, and get a bowl invite.

Would Mertz have been a good QB with Fickell? I'm glad we didn't have to find out. Graham suffered through his college career at Wisconsin with three different offensive coordinators. He was never allowed to settle into a role. That's why it was so important for him to find a program where his positives would fit the team's needs.

I think we're going to start showing real dividends for the change during the 2025 season, and moving forward. In the meantime, be patient. It will be there.

i don't know jack about how to match a qb to a system, so i'm just wondering out loud. i wonder if mertz would have been good in fickell's offense?
No, he's not an air raid guy at all. But he certainly wasn't the crux of the issues at UW. As TW said happy for him, feel bad PC never really coached him up or gave him the tools around him to succeed.

A lot of fans hated on the kid...so this is poetic justice so to speak.

Graham Mertz is done for the season with a non-displaced fracture in his collarbone, his final stats 2,903 yards, 20 td 3 int.

100% was NEVER him at UW, he proved that without a shadow of a doubt. Some folks on here and in the UW fan base owe the young man an apology, also our former offense was a bigger issue than even I thought.

Graham Mertz is done for the season with a non-displaced fracture in his collarbone, his final stats 2,903 yards, 20 td 3 int.

100% was NEVER him at UW, he proved that without a shadow of a doubt. Some folks on here and in the UW fan base owe the young man an apology, also our former offense was a bigger issue than even I thought.
PC never gave him any WR.

Back