Mark's Mock 2.0

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
1 week left and we are sitting around 19 or 20 so I am going with #20 just for giggles here in 2.0. Hang on for my take here, all subject to change in 3.0

Round 1: Kamren Kinchens*, S, Miami
GB stands pat and takes the best safety off the board here, some will say early but in my mind the OL played well enough that its priority slids down, plugging the hole on the backside defenses comes first. Kinchens fills this spot once and for all.

Round 2 A : Graham Barton, OT/G/C, Duke
Barton can and has played 3 positions on the OL, He may sneak down here and is a no-brainer pick for GB. huge upside

Round 2 B: Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame
GB needs another corner, some have Hart high some lower but he plays both zone/man equally as well and proves his worth vs Marvin Harrison Jr last season. Packers have to fill this need.....again.

Round 3 A Bucky Irving*, RB, Oregon
The Packers need a better number 3 RB, Bucky is a shifty Aaron Jones clone that can come in and take carries off Jones and provide the same kind of threat.

Round 3 B Jaylan Ford, ILB/OLB, Texas
Filling a need to get better at the position, Ford is the pick here because he can be inside or outside.... a solid tackler he can upgrade the position.

Round 4 A: Devontez Walker*, WR, North Carolina
4.49 speed on a nice frame.... a big play guy rather than a possession WR, we need another player who can fill Watson's role because face it he's not making it 17 weeks.

Round 4 B. Kendal Daniels*, S, Oklahoma State
A big strong safety who can come up and clobber a RB or TE, run's a 4.5 flat, and can still cover the TE.

Round 6a: Tim Smith, DT/DE, Alabama
A bit of a tweener on the DL but we always need depth here.

Round 6 B: Christian Haynes, G, Connecticut
OL Depth

Round 7A: Shyheim Battle, CB, N.C. State
More DB help/depth former Bama Corner, good size. Sleeper pick

Round 7B: Michael Hiers, QB, Samford
PS QB to develop on the roster.

Interesting pick - Jaylen Ford. This is a kid who is self motivated. When workouts were pretty much out during Covid, he found ways to go it on his own, and prepare to play. He was ready to go when he hit the field for the Longhorns. If you're looking for a motivated kid, who has continued to improve every time he hit the field, this is a good candidate.

How far he can go in the NFL I don't know, but if his dedication to the game makes him continue to grow, he could be something special in a couple of years. I think he projects more outside than inside in the end. So, it would be between Van Ness and him opposite Gary, because Smith will be gone? The other would get a shot inside? Or would they keep the three on the outside, and spell them?

I think Barton will be gone before the Packers 2nd round pick, but if not, I'd jump on that one. I have a feeling he's going to go late in the first round. He's going to be a darned good lineman, no matter where it shakes out that he plays.

I like this mock more than the one I posted in another thread, especially at the top. I prioritized OL in Rd 1, but your logic to take the best safety in Rd1 makes sense especially since you get Barton in Rd2 . . . and I think there is a fair chance he makes it to pick #40.

I think Barton will be gone before the Packers 2nd round pick, but if not, I'd jump on that one. I have a feeling he's going to go late in the first round. He's going to be a darned good lineman, no matter where it shakes out that he plays.
A lot of scouts teams don't like the multi-type guy...... GB loves them...so do I. Watch his block at LT from around 43 seconds until 47.... nasty mean steak..put Tucker next to him at TE and holy crap...you get that attitude that I think GB has lacked. He's another piece..both Safetys I mention same thing.... they hit ..they bring a physical presence etc.

A lot of scouts teams don't like the multi-type guy...... GB loves them...so do I. Watch his block at LT from around 43 seconds until 47.... nasty mean steak..put Tucker next to him at TE and holy crap...you get that attitude that I think GB has lacked. He's another piece..both Safetys I mention same thing.... they hit ..they bring a physical presence etc.
I like the players who play with an edge. They make plays because they intimidate the guys across from them. Eventually they will own the guy across from them. The pain they inflict is accumulative. No matter what anyone wants to believe, football is a violent sport, not a contact sport. If you can't play it that way, you probably shouldn't be playing the game.

Where do you all think Walker fits in with the OL? I thought he played his best game against Chicago last night and seemed to improve as the season went on. Between him and whatever they want to do with DB I don’t see OT as the blaring red alert draft need that it had been but I also don’t want to confuse having a bunch of good guys with having solidified the OT spots. Tom has been good at RT, Rasheed has improved at LT and DB might be back, but how does that change if they draft an OT high? Where do guys get moved?

Where do you all think Walker fits in with the OL? I thought he played his best game against Chicago last night and seemed to improve as the season went on. Between him and whatever they want to do with DB I don’t see OT as the blaring red alert draft need that it had been but I also don’t want to confuse having a bunch of good guys with having solidified the OT spots. Tom has been good at RT, Rasheed has improved at LT and DB might be back, but how does that change if they draft an OT high? Where do guys get moved?
It just depends, if one of the top 4 slid you have to draft them.... probably some of the best OT talent in a while. That's why I prefer a guy like Barton who can play 3 spots in that #2 spot and add some much-needed talent in the defensive backfield.

25. Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami

57. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

58. Ennis Rakestraw, Jr., CB, Missouri

88. Darius Robinson, Edge, Missouri

91. Delmar Glaze, OT, Maryland

126. Christian Mahogany, OG, Boston College

167. Aaron Casey, LB, Indiana

203. Tanor Bortolini, C/G, Wisconsin (I think he can play guard)

215. Sione Vaki, S, Utah

242. Gabriel Murphy, Edge, UCLA

250. Rasheen Ali, RB, Marshall

Plus
  • 2025 TB 1st (Short trade down, and still able to get Kinchens, and their 1st in 2025. It seemed like the best bet to add a 2nd first rounder for next year, even though it's late 1st. Gives the Packers some bargaining chips down the road.

25. Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami

57. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

58. Ennis Rakestraw, Jr., CB, Missouri

88. Darius Robinson, Edge, Missouri

91. Delmar Glaze, OT, Maryland

126. Christian Mahogany, OG, Boston College

167. Aaron Casey, LB, Indiana

203. Tanor Bortolini, C/G, Wisconsin (I think he can play guard)

215. Sione Vaki, S, Utah

242. Gabriel Murphy, Edge, UCLA

250. Rasheen Ali, RB, Marshall

Plus
  • 2025 TB 1st (Short trade down, and still able to get Kinchens, and their 1st in 2025. It seemed like the best bet to add a 2nd first rounder for next year, even though it's late 1st. Gives the Packers some bargaining chips down the road.
How does GB get TB's 2025 1st in this mock?

Back