Marquette beats Wisconsin

There are rumblings Davison will apply for a 5th year which would help and Anderson looking at a medical redshirt year also. Agree on grad transfer maybe even JC route.

Also related recruiting stuff. Patrick Baldwin Jr dislocated his ankle. Fell bad for the kid. Doubtful he would be in Madison anyway, 1% chance and that optimistic. Bigger buzz is that while Duke seems to be the favorite UWM is a legit sleeper, would like to play for his dad
If Davison did get that 5th year, and Anderson get on board for one more, it would help a great deal. Although Davison isn't a typical point, he did some decent things his freshman year, and could repeat, and even improve on that. They won't be hurting for open scholarship spots. I think they have 3 left anyway?

The point guard situation is pretty bleak for next year. Davison is not a true point but if he gets a 5th year he could be a stop-gap. I'm sure Bowman would have gotten some minutes this year but with him not on the team right now and no word on what his near-term future looks like, I kinda doubt he's even a partial answer next year.

Anderson would be nice to have as depth, but it's pretty clear he's not the answer for a higher level team as the starter. The 2021 kid Hepburn would need to be pretty special to be the starter right out of the gate next fall, but hey, maybe he can give you some solid minutes off the bench.

Saw the news about Baldwin. Feel bad for him that his senior season will likely be done after half a game. Even if he could be back in February/March I'm not sure he'd want to come back and risk another injury. But hey, maybe he's a fast healer and really wants to play. I agree he's less than a 1% chance to go to Madison and the only reason I'd have the window open even that much is that they are graduating a lot of minutes this spring and he can likely see a path to lots of minutes as he would easily slot into Ford's spot, and the coach wouldn't have to "guarantee" his role.

I'd love to see Baldwin at UWM. Would be fun to see an NBA level talent on a mid-major like that. Plus I'd get to maybe see a few of his games in person.

If Davison did get that 5th year, and Anderson get on board for one more, it would help a great deal. Although Davison isn't a typical point, he did some decent things his freshman year, and could repeat, and even improve on that. They won't be hurting for open scholarship spots. I think they have 3 left anyway?

Yup, not hurting for schollies at all. Assuming Bowman returns, which at least seems reasonably likely as of right now, they have 10 guys on scholarship for next fall counting the 2021 commits - Hepburn, Mors and Hodges. So yes, 3 openings. I'm sure they leave 1 open until that 1% window on Baldwin is officially closed, and then they have to see what happens with Davison and Anderson.

Back