McCarthy: Our passing game is not where it needs to be

According to Jason Wilde on Twitter, it was either this one or Thursday night's presser that MM was as mad as he's ever seen him.

According to Jason Wilde on Twitter, it was either this one or Thursday night's presser that MM was as mad as he's ever seen him.

Mad at the reporters for asking pointed questions or mad at the team and staff?

"Well, that was ... interesting. Trying to think how many times I've seen McCarthy that mad in a press conference. None really come to mind." @jasonjwilde ESPN Wisconsin.

Also, a cbs sports writer says that MM stormed off at the end.

I haven't seen anything to say what/who set MM off.

There was a reporter not sure last name but someone posted but his first name was bill. He said coach I know your tired of questions about Janis. Then MM said well Bill don't ask then. Then Bill said I am going to ask anyways.

Sounds like Media is getting sick of MM and MM sick of media.

There was a reporter not sure last name but someone posted but his first name was bill. He said coach I know your tired of questions about Janis. Then MM said well Bill don't ask then. Then Bill said I am going to ask anyways.

Sounds like Media is getting sick of MM and MM sick of media.

MM has never liked being questioned, especially when it pertains to him in particular. But tie this into WingT's post and it makes perfect sense. MM is really frustrated right now, his season preparation isn't working, and his system doesn't allow for any real changes. He doesn't believe he is the issue. So he has to keep sending the troops out and hoping it somehow works. But the media is starting to make him explain himself. He hates that. "Trust your preparation"

Plus I'm sure he's a good bit embarrassed by getting beat by a sub .500 team on Favre/Starr night.

No, the passing game is not where it needs to be. But sending the troops back out there wave after wave ala WWI generals who didn't understand the concept of machine gun crossfire isn't going to change that. And the presser doesn't fill me with confidence. Just more "not my fault, I don't need to do anything, it's everyone else's fault" from MM.

And can someone clarify that offhand remark Collinsworth made during the game about the players only meeting and Arod not being happy that the young guys were spending too much time playing video games? Is that true?

Last edited:
"Well, that was ... interesting. Trying to think how many times I've seen McCarthy that mad in a press conference. None really come to mind." @jasonjwilde ESPN Wisconsin.

Also, a cbs sports writer says that MM stormed off at the end.

I haven't seen anything to say what/who set MM off.

Bill Huber with Packer Report asked the question that set him off... yes he pitched a hissy when someone dare imply his system wasn't working and he should play Janis more.

Right now GB isn't liking the media because they are asking tough questions rather then acting like sheep.

And can someone clarify that offhand remark Collinsworth made during the game about the players only meeting and Arod not being happy that the young guys were spending too much time playing video games? Is that true?

That's what seems to be what some have reported. Now, not sure if they are just repeating what Collnsworth said but if true, that is crazy.

Bill Huber with Packer Report asked the question that set him off... yes he pitched a hissy when someone dare imply his system wasn't working and he should play Janis more.

Right now GB isn't liking the media because they are asking tough questions rather then acting like sheep.

MM said today he had no knowledge of such a meeting taking place.... at least not at Packer HQ. sh))

Back