MM Releases His New Book

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
37140c1ef5.jpg

Wonder who that line was meant for? Rodgers? The media? TT?

I damned near blew a gasket laughing. It's a good thing I didn't have a drink in my hand. I would have been spewing Millers out my nose like Old Faithful!

Think it was a couple of seasons or more back when team was struggling MM was like a broken record saying same lines over and over and made a thread of it. Difference was that year they did finally do it and made play offs. This year too much to overcome imo.

But echo TW here, good thing had just put coffee down or would have looked like the seen from Top Gun when Maverick did the tower fly by rofl(

Is calling yourself a "Highly Successful NFL Coach" more or less the equivalent of Will Ferrell (on SNL) announcing that he drives a Dodge Stratus?

MM has had successful seasons, but has been slow to adapt to the way defenses have adjusted to his offense. There's very little of players getting open through the design of the play at this point.

I didn't think MM was really on the hot seat this year...but this is a team clearly looking for answers, and a highly successful NFL coach should be able to get more out of the healthy players than we've seen in the past four weeks.

Is calling yourself a "Highly Successful NFL Coach" more or less the equivalent of Will Ferrell (on SNL) announcing that he drives a Dodge Stratus?

MM has had successful seasons, but has been slow to adapt to the way defenses have adjusted to his offense. There's very little of players getting open through the design of the play at this point.

I didn't think MM was really on the hot seat this year...but this is a team clearly looking for answers, and a highly successful NFL coach should be able to get more out of the healthy players than we've seen in the past four weeks.

I think this pretty much sums it up. The level of expectation, based on the level of talent. Then there's the issue of design of plays. Defenses have learned that they can sit on routes. The biggest question that will be asked at the end of this season is how well MM & TT respond to the challenges of what's happened. That will decide what direction the team will take, and quite possibly after next year, if a change in leadership is needed.

For me, it's always been about the level of expectation. I didn't suffer nearly as much as many did during the Gory Years because I never expected good results. For most of the past two decades, though, the gold ring was there for the taking - and they've done it twice.

This year, I'm really bummed, not only by the Packers' performance but by the rest of the league. Below (in messy arrangement, forgive me, but I thought my spreadsheet would transfer into columns) is a list of the teams (under Odds) as they were projected in Vegas at the start of the year and how (under Current) they now stand. I think I can see who I'll now root for, but it's not nearly as easy as it was. In the beginning, the conference games would have been Pats-Steelers (hate the Pats for their success, never have had any problem with the Steelers) and Packers-Seahawks (as some would say, case closed). At this point, it's Cowboys-Seahawks ('Boys because of their long period of suffering and also Anybody But the Seahawks) and Pats-Raiders (Oakland, for the same reason).

What bothers me as much as the standings is the Cowboys doing it with the two magnificent rookies (and thus set up for a long run?), the Pats doing ad nauseum, and the Seahawks doing it AFTER signing Wilson (many having said "just wait until they have to do that"). The reverse expectations for a lot of the current top teams (and the please-go-away-and-don't-bother-me Pats), coupled with the bottom dropping out of our own team have me wondering whether to even follow the league the rest of the season.

Odds Current
Pats Cowboys
Seahawks Pats
Steelers Raiders
Packers Seahawks
Broncos Broncos
Panthers Chiefs
Bengals Giants
Cardinals Lions
Cowboys Falcons
Vikings Texans
Colts Dolphins